Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Our filthy rich owners really need to look at the links man city have with girona and copy them.

From the limited info I know, which could be wrong, if a Brazilian plays in Spain for two years that would allow him to get a work permit in the UK, not sure if that means spanish dual nationality also?!?

If our owners "invested" or had good "links" with a Spanish club we could get ourselves some tasty Brazilians, loan them to our Spanish partner for a couple of years, then either loan, sell or bring them to villa??

Sure there is more too it than this, but I think we need to be careful not to be left behind in all the tricks clubs use these days to get the best talent.

One step at a time though aye, they’ve not even been here a year and have far more pressing issues currently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

My biggest fear is that 7-0 victories every week will eventually become extremely boring. 

I'm steeling myself for this. I've come to terms with it. My body is ready.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well citeh still control the player if they want to so, yup. 

They only can get him back if they meet an arranged by back clause. This is not a loan. Learn the difference. 

Apparently its not a release clause, its a buyback clause. That gives them preferential treatment should we look to sell Luiz. It doesnt mean they can force us to sell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Apparently its not a release clause, its a buyback clause. That gives them preferential treatment should we look to sell Luiz. It doesnt mean they can force us to sell.

I thought that was called first option or something. Buyback clause as I understand it is that they can buy him back whenever the feel for an agreed fee.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

No it does .... They can buy him back at say £32million whenever they want .... that said player could say no if Real bid £45million as I understand the player has to agree to it ... 

Edited by thabucks

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I thought that was called first option or something. Buyback clause as I understand it is that they can buy him back whenever the feel for an agreed fee.

That’s how I understood it. They bought a player back from Psv for a low fee the same way. 

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No it does .... They can buy him back at say £32million whenever they want .... that said player could say no if Real bid £45million as I understand the player has to agree to it ... 

Wouldn't get too carried away with the possible buy back clause .

When man city sold that full back to a Dutch team for 5m, the buy back was 5.5 Or 6m.

If this is 15m, wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't any higher than 20m buy back.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Wouldn't get too carried away with the possible buy back clause .

When man city sold that full back to a Dutch team for 5m, the buy back was 5.5 Or 6m.

If this is 15m, wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't any higher than 20m buy back.

Don’t think it’ll be that simple. I’m guessing that while we’ll have no choice re buy back clause the guys will protect us as much as possible. Like other deals like this there will be add ons for certain things like international caps etc.  it is also common that the fee rises as the years go by.

Don't know anything about him but seems very highly rated on here. That's good enough for me!

Not fussed about the buyback... Citeh would only activate it if he was fantastic for us which is no different to buying our best players in the past like Barry and Milner! Lets say Wesley scores 30 goals next year... he wouldn't be here the following year either as he'd be off to a bigger team. 

Ultimately any player that helps us improve in the short term and establish ourselves back in the Premier League is fine by me! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Don't know anything about him but seems very highly rated on here. That's good enough for me!

Not fussed about the buyback... Citeh would only activate it if he was fantastic for us which is no different to buying our best players in the past like Barry and Milner! Lets say Wesley scores 30 goals next year... he wouldn't be here the following year either as he'd be off to a bigger team. 

Ultimately any player that helps us improve in the short term and establish ourselves back in the Premier League is fine by me! 

Yeah but selling our assets that perform well in an open market could bag you 50, 60, 70+ million, this is likely to be a 15m purchase with a 20m buy back, maybe more if we are lucky, like 25 / 30.

Dont get me wrong though, I'm still for this transfer, if we stay up and he helps us to develop our exciting style of football, it can only be a positive because if or when he does leave, maybe we will be in a much better position to attract a similar calibre player in that role.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah but selling our assets that perform well in an open market could bag you 50, 60, 70+ million, this is likely to be a 15m purchase with a 20m buy back, maybe more if we are lucky, like 25 / 30.

Dont get me wrong though, I'm still for this transfer, if we stay up and he helps us to develop our exciting style of football, it can only be a positive because if or when he does leave, maybe we will be in a much better position to attract a similar calibre player in that role.

Yep, absolutely.

If the day comes, it might sting if it's not the mad fees we see all the time. 

Right now though, the question is: Do you want this player for 12-24 months and we'll give you £5-10m?

My answer is yes. Yes I do.

• Like 4

Â