Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Has anyone got any idea what the buy back amount would be?

It will be something that man city were willing to pay, and something we're willing to receive... assuming it is actually happening.  Which means nothing outrageously expensive, and nothing that makes us their bitch. It's really a win:win all round. Probably will even have structure to it based on how much he plays for us and how well he does. Don't worry about it ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I imagine a buy back will see us double our money. They are very common in Spain. Don't think we could sign a player like this without one. 

Possibly right.

Its very hard to get the right quality ( in every signing) so early in our building programme, with the mammoth task we had to encounter......If DL turns out to be the star we want him to be, it gives us time to find a replacement for next season whilst consolidating our selves in the league.

Not every signing is going to be perfect, but if we can gradually rely less every window on loan signings or ones of this nature......that is progress.

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

A bit cautious about this one. I doubt he wants to be here and we are just playing the role of one of City’s many feeder clubs. As others have said, this looks like a glorified loan but if City want him back it means he’s done well. Hardly building for the future though is it...

Thought about this. City buy all our good players anyway and if he plays 3 good years with us is that any different to any other signing? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, useless said:

According to transfermarkt he's only played as a Defensive Midfielder ten times in his career, and is normally a central midfielder. But I'd been thinking recently that in the Premier league we might not have the luxury of being able to play a three man midfield that contained Grealish, sometimes we'll need more a traditional central midfielder in there, with Grealish perhaps taking the place of one of the wingers... With that said I still think we might go for a Defensive Midfielder, or if this guy is going to do that job, then another box-to-box type midfielder.

I wouldn't worry about it. Mings was a left back til Deano, JT and co got hold of him, now he's the son of God!

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thought about this. City buy all our good players anyway and if he plays 3 good years with us is that any different to any other signing? 

Because we can’t name our price with him I guess and it’s makes it very easy for him to leave unlike other players that are in contract.

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yeah you’re right of course. I just can’t stand the Man City machine

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

What else did that guy on Twitter/Facebook predict as seemingly he knew his stuff! 

Very excited by this signing, even if we only have him 1-2 years. 

Off top of my head it was Heaton, Phillips, Engels, Trezeguet, Douglas all at advanced/nearly done

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

This is such a great signing. Yes he’s borrowed but will enable us to play how Dean Smith wants us to, one great season and we can replace him with similar - of players who this season wouldn’t consider us. Looks like we’re not wasting any time getting villa back to where it belongs. 

Great signing this, he will slot straight in at defensive midfield and looks to be the exact player we have been looking for.

Even if we get one, possibly two seasons out of him and remain in the PL then it will have been worth it.

I imagine the deal also benefits us financially in some way, so a buyback of £25+ million allows us to replace him when he eventually goes back to Man City.

For those complaining about the deal & about the fact it’s essentially a loan, it’s doubtful we could bring in a player of Luiz’s talents on a permanent due to financial restraints. This is the next best option.

Interested to see if Phillips still comes in. Although Spurs now look interested.

Â