Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I wonder what Stevie G thinks when he watches us now, cos I guarantee you he does .... Probably hopes we lose.

I wonder when he sees Dougie bossing the league, does it occur to him that he is one dumbest you knot whats to have ever managed a football club.

That and it was his fault that he never won a league title 😂

He has to be crying himself to sleep surely..

Imagine if he hadn't been sacked it's almost guaranteed that Dougie would now be playing for Arsenal probably....

I was hated on for wanting us to lose those last few matches but it was a damn good thing we did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm probably really really naive but part of me thinks that even if arsenal were to come knocking that Dougie will have loyalty, honour, love for Villa and a desire to finish off the journey he helped to plot and win something with Villa rather than be seduced by a "bigger" club.

It'll come down to money though won't it *sigh*. Everything does 

14 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'm probably really really naive but part of me thinks that even if arsenal were to come knocking that Dougie will have loyalty, honour, love for Villa and a desire to finish off the journey he helped to plot and win something with Villa rather than be seduced by a "bigger" club.

It'll come down to money though won't it *sigh*. Everything does 

Nah. If he wanted money he’d just have run down his contract and left. I was amazed he didn’t do that given he had admirers among the top 4.

£100m is daylight robbery. Where do peeps get off selling our best players for peanuts . He’s easily worth £150m + in the modern market. 

But we’d suffer a net loss because of his leadership and ability. So no sale. Unless they want to swap Rice in.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

100M for Luiz is a no brainer for me.

I trust Monchi to add a lot of quality from that.

You don't progress by selling your best player. Look at West Ham, a club going nowhere albeit they had to sell Rice as he wasn't going to sign a new contract there. 

• Like 2

As a footballer, he has improved massively, he's kept his lockdown form where he was by far the most improved player and added in the consistency, so he's an 8 out of 10 in most games.

He's normally with kamara who is also regularly an 8 out of 10 player.

He's playing for emery, a 9 out of 10 manager who while being villa manager has also upped his game to a 10 out of 10 manager.

He has multiple friends, family and roots planted in Birmingham.

Of course other teams want him, but there is too much keeping him here at the moment with how we are playing and the results we are getting.

I can see an improved contract being offered either in January or it will be lined up for summer. That will resolve any financial discrepancies.

If he were the star player in a poor team I could see him wanting to move, he isn't, we don't have 1 stand out player.

This season we have several players who are on the top of their game and all are important to how we play and none of them are for sale at this time.

Maybe in 2 or 3 years time if we haven't pushed on as much as he expects, there will be a decision to be made, same with martinez and possibly watkins, however again, I cant see that happening.

I have to admit I’m a bit nervous about the Dougie situation as he’s only on £75k a week and really he should one of the highest paid players in the squad. Also his ‘new’ deal in 22 is only until June 2026, so only 3 years left.

I therefore think if we don’t make CL this season he’ll be looking to move on next season.

If we make CL I can see him signing up for longer though.

We’ve come to expect that loyalty in football is a relic of the past, money and fame drives most players now. 

I do think he’ll have been promised a bumper new contract by Villa already. He seems very happy here and it does seem that he’s invested in the ‘journey’. If he’s not, and he wants to go then at least we’ll be compensated heavily. No guarantee we can replace what he gives us though, so I’d rather not have to find out. 

2 hours ago, Callum said:

There is 0 chance hes leaving in January. PR disaster!

Simple for me, we make CL, he stays, if we dont, he rightfully looks to advance his career - It's just how it goes. 

Not sure, if we don’t make Champions League this season I don’t think we’ll just let him go next summer. If an acceptable offer comes in (eg a huge offer) from a team that can offer Champions League and/or trophies, and he wants to go, maybe. But we would probably say no and wait it out until summer 2025. 

We need him to sign a new contract ideally, it runs until 2026 so we’d need to sell summer 2025 if he doesn’t sign a new deal.

Wherever we finish this season I don’t think we sell next summer regardless. We are in a strong position to make Champions League so let’s hope we achieve it, if we do I reckon he signs a new deal until 2029.

• Like 1

Â