Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

29 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's not going to say he's unhappy though is he? I genuinely believe he is happy and loves the club, and at the moment couldn't be tempted because of how it's going. Let's hope we can continue on this trajectory.

Not many do nowadays.

But yes. He seems happy, settled here and practically first on the team sheet. There wouldn't be any need to rock the boat or force a move.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tinker said:

We have all learnt the lesson,  no player defines the club, we're far bigger than even the best players in the best league. UTV 

I think something to keep in mind. I love Dougie and his development under Unai has been amazing.

He may well stay with us and be a legend. Or some desperate team comes for him for 120m.

But the club should do what's best for the club and keep an eye on 3-5 years down the line.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Luiz signed a new contract a week before Gerrard was sacked, right? Emery coming in was clearly being sorted out before Gerrard's sacking (Given how Gerrard was obviously a dead man walking for weeks & Emery and 7 backroom staff were announced barely 3 days after the sacking). Wouldn't be surprised if he was made aware of the change in management.

ive always suspected this. The contract signing was so surprising at the time given the circumstances

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why would he leave when we hsve the greatest manager in the world and there's a realistic chance of champions league football next season  if this had happened 3 years earlier Grealish wouldn't have left us. 

if Grealish hadnt left, its highly likely we wouldnt have Emery tbh.

• Like 1

Lots of smoke around Luiz now, I guess it's a product of our success and will continue to be a problem if we are not fancied as a 'top four' club.

Someone will be spinning this, whether it is the players agent or the media.

Douglas Luiz has been one of my favourite players since his great displays during 'project restart'; I'd be really sad to see him in another PL team and especially Arse. I'm hoping IF he does leave us he will go to Real Madrid, he'd be great in La Liga.

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Lots of smoke around Luiz now, I guess it's a product of our success and will continue to be a problem if we are not fancied as a 'top four' club.

Douglas Luiz has been one of my favourite players since his great displays during 'project restart'; I'd be really sad to see him in another PL team and especially Arse. I'm hoping IF he does leave us he will go to Real Madrid, he'd be great in La Liga.

Madrid makes the most sense on paper. Kroos and Modric are not getting any younger and they have Tchouameni and Camavinga but Dougie is a better dictator of the game than both. 

But Madrid have some financial concerns. Can’t see them putting up the 100m for Dougie 

i love Luiz, he is certainly one of our best players, i want him to stay, but tbh, if we got a very good fee for him (100m+), i would trust Emery and his team to bring in someone, or multiple players who are good enough to play the Emery way.

You never know i guess, maybe we would make the same mistakes we made with our last 100m, but on balance i do trust that Emery could spend 100m+ very well, if it came to that.

On 12/12/2023 at 18:01, wishywashy said:

Luiz signed a new contract a week before Gerrard was sacked, right? Emery coming in was clearly being sorted out before Gerrard's sacking (Given how Gerrard was obviously a dead man walking for weeks & Emery and 7 backroom staff were announced barely 3 days after the sacking). Wouldn't be surprised if he was made aware of the change in management.

There was about 10 days in it.  Suspiciously close!

A release clause (if there is one) may not be as simple as just an amount the buying club must pay.  Even Grealish’s clause stipulated (according to Christian Purslow) that Villa needed to have failed to qualify for the Champions League.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 10:25, villarule123 said:

I remember everyone not believing Jack having one, and we all know how that ended. 

I would be staggered if Luiz hasn't got one, he wasn't even a starter when he signed it and Arsenal were after him. 

Don’t think the top part is true. People not in denial generally accepted he had one. No idea on DL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Most of the " smoke " I've seen are from African Arsenal fan pages 

Haven't really been online today mind, what have i missed?

Also saw another story saying he has no release clause etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most of the " smoke " I've seen are from African Arsenal fan pages 

Haven't really been online today mind, what have i missed?

Also saw another story saying he has no release clause etc.

Yeah... Unless I've missed something too, a lot of the smoke is from fans on Twitter and us lot debating whether he's going to leave.

Also, in order for him to leave, a crucial part would require an appealing club making a bid. FWIW, Ornstein says that not all the decision makers at Arsenal are convinced by Dougie, and he certainly doesn't anticipate a bid from them in January.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Â