Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Tbf you could pick any 2 of Bellingham, Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde 

A fit De Bruyne and rodri I think you'd have to go for.

Fair enough. I never really view KDB as a CM but suppose you're right.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Unai was talking about how he was slightly angry with him after he scored 2 goals as he thought he was too relaxed out there.

That's always been part of his game I think. He's naturally such a technically sound player he slips into this comfortable haze where he's just messing around with the ball and not thinking clearly.

Won't be getting away with it with this manager Doug my man.

how mind boggling is it, that a defensive midfielder, or to be more accurate a rounded no.8 midfielder (box to box), scores in 6 consecutive home games......

6 consecutive home games!?

i would guess 99% of PL strikers ever, havent even achieved this?!

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Unai was talking about how he was slightly angry with him after he scored 2 goals as he thought he was too relaxed out there.

Yeah he played a really sloppy turnover across the middle and Unai almost stormed out of the tactical area even though we were 2-0 up. 

Luiz is one of 3 villa players who made me realise i know **** all. It was also a stark demonstration of the impact a manager can have on a players individual level of performances.

Rewind not too long ago, between the end of our time under Smith and Gerard's spell, and I was firm in the belief that Luiz was bang average and good for a squad player,, and Watkins and McGinn i wanted gone. Thank god i'm not our manager. 

The way Luiz has gone up 2 or 3 levels is amazing. He's close to Rice / Caceido level fee's if anyone wants to try and get him. He's one of the top 3 midfielders in the league easy. As if it wasnt good enough already, he has now added goals to his game! Happy days and i have a feeling that this is one player that might not jump at the inevitable big offers we are likely to get and want to stick around.

Seems like a good moment to celebrate his whole amazing story. Luiz talks about what an honour it is to be from the favelas and play elite sport. But the honour is ours, Dougie, that you associate yourself with us. What a great guy!

“I am proud to be from the favela, or ‘community’ as we say, of Nova Holanda,” Luiz told Sky Sports.

“Especially because when people think of communities of favelas such as that, they think negative things, bad things, but in fact, there are many talented people there, a lot of good talent.

“And not just for football; we also have music, artists, and for that reason, I am very happy to be representing my community, it is an honour. Sure, there are difficulties there, but if anything it shows that with a bit of effort and despite those difficulties, you can still succeed.”

Flatland urban housing, pink, orange and yellow all project Rio’s vibrancy, but crime and disorder never comes out of the blue. Military personnel were often called into Luiz’s neighbourhood with unarmed police a rarity 20 miles outside of Rio.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Â