Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

At a point in the 1st half the entire Chelsea midfield took turns fouling him and couldn't get a whif of the ball. They all eventually threw their hands up and just let him keep it. Absolutely amazing footballer.  

Hope we have a video to watch it back. Unbelievable player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

His ball retention seems to get better and better every game. 3 players around him at times today but still manages to keep the ball and dribble his way out of trouble. Unreal. 

Thought it was one of his poorer games for retention to be honest.  Certainly early on, he lost the ball on several occasions including some ridiculous dribble out of defence.

But yeah, that other ridiculous dribble in the middle of the park was beautiful.  Even trapped the ball and then went on again :D 

Luiz is one of those players that I don’t think you’d appreciate until he’s in your team and you watch the 90mins. 

He has two qualities I don’t think people underestimate. He has a great turn of pace that gets him out of trouble and he’s strong. He’s rarely knocked off the ball, even by much bigger players. 

To think our midfield two who cost 15m in total bossed their 230m pair! Crazy value. 

• Like 1

If it makes sense, even when he isn't necessarily the MOTM in games I still feel as though he looks like our best player in them. Always been an enormous fan since he signed but the level of consistency and comfortability in his current role has him playing to an incredible standard now.

Â