Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

I want either to win it for different reasons:

dougie for not forcing a move to arsenal and Ming’s because of his disgusting treatment at the hands of gerrard and the dignity he maintained throughout 

I think Gerrard treated them both like shit. It's besides the point though really. From my point of view they're the 2 most consistent players over the season. Young was great early doors, McGinn now, but Luiz and Mings have been the stand outs imo. I never thought I'd say that with Mings as I've felt we could do better. He's proving me very wrong though this season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Looked decidedly off it yesterday, a rare thing from him this season. Some of our best players have an off day, we win 2-0, good times.

Thought he great second half. Team struggled first half.

15 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Looked decidedly off it yesterday, a rare thing from him this season. Some of our best players have an off day, we win 2-0, good times.

Thought the same, few missed passes and clumsy in challenging as well, heart in the mouth a few times. He wasn't alone , McGinn was quiet and Ramsey struggled as well. Hopefully 6 days off will give em a boost as its going to be a hard battle again Newcastle who are physically strong in the middle. Would love a fit Kamara back but reckon with Bailey looking like his out we could see another midfielder pushed in so McGinn can cover Bailey. 

On 09/04/2023 at 09:48, avfc1982am said:

I think Gerrard treated them both like shit. It's besides the point though really. From my point of view they're the 2 most consistent players over the season. Young was great early doors, McGinn now, but Luiz and Mings have been the stand outs imo. I never thought I'd say that with Mings as I've felt we could do better. He's proving me very wrong though this season. 

Agree with this, but a couple more goals and Watkins will get it.

37 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Deserves to be on page 1 lol - some great performances today across the park, but Dougie is pure class, when played right he makes us purr

Rolls Royce player so much so we haven't even missed Kamara. I thought Dougie was nailed on for player of the season but you have to wonder if Ollie will be the eventual winner the way he's playing.

Edited by birdman

I adore this kid. Just so calm and precise and completely top draw in everything he does. Anyone saying he isn't hasn't a clue what they're watching. He's a general in that midfield, McGinn is the enforcer, Ramsey the scout and Dendocker today was the brickwall. Awesome all round. 

• Like 2

What I love about Luiz is he is just improving at a scary rate. He’s a brilliant PL central midfielder at the moment but on his current trajectory, how good COULD he become?

We should be bracing ourselves for offers in the Summer from the top sides because he’s a cracking player. 

33 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

There was a little flick to Moreno in the second then the commentators said ooo he’s playing with swagger. 

It’d be nice of Dougie to let Guimaraes go now that the game is over. 

Yes that was absolutely filthy 😆

Â