Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If terms are agreed you get them to put pen to paper. Hesitating and time wasting and look where we are.

Maybe looked Gerrard in the eye, saw he was a fraud and thought nah.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Sounds like we are keeping him and letting him go on a free next summer rather than cashing in now

Let’s hope so. And let’s hope a new manager plays him and he signs a new deal. You may well be right that he won’t but it’s worth the gamble IMO.

I get the point of cashing in but selling him now makes no huge financial sense to me. £20m and then spunk £12m on Dendoncker (on a significantly higher salary that eats up some of the £8m balance) to downgrade our squad. 

However I suspect if Arsenal have bid £20m for him at lunchtime and we have said no, he will go for £23m by the end of the day.

Might just log off until tomorrow as it’s going to be a depressing day whatever!

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Jim White on TalkSport has just said that somebody from The Club has gotten in touch with him directly to say that Dougie won't be sold to anybody today.

Unless he drives down to Arsenal and forces a move - remember Peter Odemwingie and QPR 😄 

If we signed a world class number 8 earlier on in the window then selling Luiz for 20-30mill would be good business. We didn't sign that quality number 8 so we can't risk selling him on the final day of window. We need to hope a new manager comes in and convinces him to sign. If not then we lose him on a free but I think it's far more important to keep him at this stage

• Like 1

What an absolute bollock drop by the club if we let him leave. One of our more technically gifted midfielders who's actually comfortable with the ball at his feet (and also seems to be our only set piece threat at the minute). I really don't think that now is the time...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jim White on TalkSport has just said that somebody from The Club has gotten in touch with him directly to say that Dougie won't be sold to anybody today.

He knows Purslow and Purslow has been on the show a few times. This couple with the confirmation from McNulty

Surely he stays now. 

i understand ppl want to keep Luiz, but at the same time, whats the point if Gerrard never plays him.

If he isnt going to play, we may as well get 20m for him.

I think the club refusing to sell if a knee jerk to the tinder box situation we are currently in with results and feelings towards Gerrard.

I would love him ot sign a new contract and be played regularly, but under Gerrard that wont happen it seems, so if thats the case, we either need to cash in, or get rid of Gerrard.

• Thanks 1

Â