Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I think the only questions have been on whether he can play as a DM, or why he was being played there. Most people who've watched him know he has serious talent and discipline to go with it. 

Him and Kamara could be something special. McGinn needs dropping and so does Ramsey based on current form and fitness. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, birdman said:

I just want to see Luiz start with McGinn coming off the bench. Just once to satisfy my curiosity. Incidently I thought John got better as the game went on but I still think he could benefit from bench time.

Yes well he stopped doing John mcginn things and stayed passing and keeping the ball movement quickly instead of hesitating for an hour trying to stick his arse out. 

• Haha 1

Get him that new contract ASAP!

We are going to regret it if we let him go.

We have to get him in that side, at least until we sign a new midfielder (who is, hopefully, superior to our current crop).

McGinn… 🤦‍♂️ I can’t be arsed to say anything 🤣

Can we buy a new captain?

8 hours ago, useless said:

How do you get a ball to swerve so much and up and down over a keeper,  attackers and defenders from that angle yet be so bad at trying the same thing when stood the same distance out from centre of goal? 🤔

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

How do you get a ball to swerve so much and up and down over a keeper,  attackers and defenders from that angle yet be so bad at trying the same thing when stood the same distance out from centre of goal? 🤔

To be fair Mings doing his best scrum half impression helped too lol. 

• Like 1

Excellent performance from Dougie yesterday. Harshly done on their goal too as he had his heel stood on in the build up. We do look so much better with him on the pitch, he's composed, can pass with both feet, always shows for the ball and is the most intelligent of our midfielders. Even if he isn't the future, picking McGinn and Ramsey over him is a piss take. 

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Excellent performance from Dougie yesterday. Harshly done on their goal too as he had his heel stood on in the build up. We do look so much better with him on the pitch, he's composed, can pass with both feet, always shows for the ball and is the most intelligent of our midfielders. Even if he isn't the future, picking McGinn and Ramsey over him is a piss take. 

Done a job for us for years out of position and now he has to sit on the bench watching the likes of McGinn play infront of him. Its his time to play as an 8 week in week out. God knows he’s earned it. Also think with him on the pitch, it will unlock Better performances from Coutinho and the like. Someone who can pass and link play- come on Gerrard open your eyes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Not just being devil’s advocate here, but might this mean he fluked it twice?! 

I don’t mean this as disrespect, because I thought he was very tidy yesterday 

He tried it at the corner after the one he scored, and almost scored again

25 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Not just being devil’s advocate here, but might this mean he fluked it twice?! 

I don’t mean this as disrespect, because I thought he was very tidy yesterday 

Maybe Luiz can't repeat that corner 10 times out of 10, but surely 8 or 9 times. Why is that so unbeliveable?

Â