Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think so. This is a woman that binned off this summer's European championships so she could go on holiday with him - that she's left it until now to sign a new deal that ends at the same time as his would very much suggest to me that he's decided that he wasn't keen on the offers he had this summer, or that he was too expensive for his suitors and has decided to stay.

That the club were prepared to offer her that deal and that he's still playing suggests that this isn't as decided as a player going into his last 12 months would usually suggest - we'll see I guess.

Yeah the question now is will Luiz run down his contract or sign a new one. Who knows. Either way he's been a great asset for the club for the 4 years even if he does move on. 

He's a very smart footballer, who knows when to keep the ball, when to try and progress it etc

Kamara looks to be the same, and we have other intelligent players like coutinho, buendia etc

If we want to become a team that can actually control games, we need to get them all on the pitch together.

I think they would all enjoy playing alongside teamates who are on the same wavelength as them as well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We must convince him to stay. Him and Kamara could be a top 6 partnership for years I'm convinced. Need to lock him up. 

This. He is a far superior player to McGinn. There is a real touch of class about him when he is played further forward. And still young.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

This. He is a far superior player to McGinn. There is a real touch of class about him when he is played further forward. And still young.

He shown that last season when he wasn’t in the number 6 role, Really don’t get what managers keep seeing in McGinn, Luiz is twice the player he is 

• Like 1

After watching todays match, It’s safe to say, Douglas Luiz is 100% an 8. He’s a different kind to a McGinn and JJ, but probably more suiting to what we need right now.. someone who can drop back and defend when needed, but has the ability to get the ball forward. 

if we don’t sign anyone else for CM, I’d be content to give Doug a new deal 

• Like 4

I think if he leaves in a years time he will make us incredibly frustrated that he wasn’t played as an 8 / tied down to a new deal. I can see him stepping up a level given a consistent run if games as an 8 in a new team. I think he goes at the end of his contract - been a good servant for the club and excellent value for £15 million. He will have done 4 years and be ready for a new challenge I reckon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â