Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 09/06/2022 at 18:58, Made In Aston said:

Let's just agree to resign him instead...for £20m+ of course. 

Respect the hyphen. Resign is to quit (or you know resign). Re-sign is to sign a contract with a group you already had an agreement with. 

5 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Tbf you thought Bentancur was crap so I’ll take average! 👍🏼

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

He said Bentancur was awful based on the sight test… 

BF44F326-7E85-4FA1-8D11-6518EA9377EE.jpeg

He is average

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

He is average

What does average even mean for a footballer? You have to be so far above average to get a chance of playing top flight football in Europe and then you're talking about someone who's won titles in Italy and just got into the top 4 with Spurs. He's one of the better midfielders at Spurs, and then he gets into the midfield of almost all the teams below 4th into the Isthmian League and across the world. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

What does average even mean for a footballer? You have to be so far above average to get a chance of playing top flight football in Europe and then you're talking about someone who's won titles in Italy and just got into the top 4 with Spurs. He's one of the better midfielders at Spurs, and then he gets into the midfield of almost all the teams below 4th into the Isthmian League and across the world. 

I used work with a guy and his friend was in football terms completely average played SPL think League 1/2 maybe Championship for a few games but fans of the clubs he played would say he was an average clogger picked up more cards than assists

When this guy turned up to 5 a side with the mates he was like Messi/Ronaldo level compared to other guys

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I used work with a guy and his friend was in football terms completely average played SPL think League 1/2 maybe Championship for a few games but fans of the clubs he played would say he was an average clogger picked up more cards than assists

When this guy turned up to 5 a side with the mates he was like Messi/Ronaldo level compared to other guys

Seen similar with someone I knew from school. Absolute class of their own in ability, levels above anyone, didn't make it beyond the subs bench of a conference team.

Back to Luiz... I assume we'll sell him if he doesn't sign a contract.

Even if it meant taking a pretty big hit on his asking price, I'd want to see him out the door if he has no intention of hanging around beyond this season. It's not the attitude we want in the dressing room.

If he does sign though, I'd be quite intrigued to see how he'd get on in a midfield alongside Kamara and a.n.other. I think he'd bring a lot to the table if he was given one of the 8 slots in front of a dedicated DM.

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Back to Luiz... I assume we'll sell him if he doesn't sign a contract.

Even if it meant taking a pretty big hit on his asking price, I'd want to see him out the door if he has no intention of hanging around beyond this season. It's not the attitude we want in the dressing room.

If he does sign though, I'd be quite intrigued to see how he'd get on in a midfield alongside Kamara and a.n.other. I think he'd bring a lot to the table if he was given one of the 8 slots in front of a dedicated DM.

Its his inconsistency that is his issue.  Apart from after lockdown he has never had a run of consistently good performances. His form changes like the weather. 

On 12/06/2022 at 22:21, Zatman said:

I play 7 a side every week with a guy who played for West Brom until he was 18, he’s 27 now and a security guard. It’s like playing against DeBruyne.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

If he wants to go please just sell this average player.
I'd drive him to rome for 35million euros

your having a laugh mate.

uber will do it for £2000

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 09/06/2022 at 18:43, messi11 said:

Average on paper, Average with the eyes. 

image.thumb.png.a7a15f06b03cc8128cdbceb106bec25a.png

The "tidy" midfielder is one of the most unfairly maligned players in the game. I think he'll have a fantastic career, but agree last season was nothing to write home about.

• Like 3

Â