Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

His value is probably down to Zero in our books by now so it will be a FFP positive.  Final year of his contract, we're not going to get big money from anyone.

• Like 1

Can't see anyone else offering more for him.  I assume we've done the CM equivalent of offering him to all the championship for 5m if we've got a formal offer of €4m+

If we sell him to then it almost certainly means noone else wanted him, and probably also a bit they he wants to play in Turkey. I'm sure a championship club could offer him more money though, so very likely there's no interest in him.

Cheers for the goals and the comedy moments Trez. Key to our revival to where we are, and if we make some money seeing you leave I'm all for it. 

48 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He has 1 year left on his contract, in what world would we ever get £7/8million?! 

Was people on here expecting us to get at least 40 million from Trez, Anwar and Traore 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we gonna sell him on for peanuts lets at least have a % of profit fee included.

I remember when we first were close to signing him we had such high hopes for him 

I was definitely hopeful, but I didn't have much to back it up other than crossing my fingers. I remember quite a lot of people not being very impressed though. Maybe there was an international game around that time where he did nothing. I can't remember. 

Anyway, he's nowhere near good enough and we get some money. Good deal!

It’s a decent fee for a player with one year left on his contract and won’t play for Villa again. The same again for Gaz and that’s probably near a hundred grand in wages saved that can be used elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I was definitely hopeful, but I didn't have much to back it up other than crossing my fingers. I remember quite a lot of people not being very impressed though. Maybe there was an international game around that time where he did nothing. I can't remember. 

Anyway, he's nowhere near good enough and we get some money. Good deal!

I think Smith and Suso went to the African Nations to watch him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt realise he only had one year left. In the context of that thwn fee probably about right

Yeah a fee is great when you consider players we've sent on loan to run down their contracts like Hourihane, Kalanic, Wesley. Guilbert even?!

It'll be interesting what fee we get for AEG and Guilbert. I've a feeling AEG might be a loan fee to us rather than a sale, as the prospective club knows he's out of contract next summer so would rather see how he performs before tying him down to a longer deal.

Guilbert has proven himself and has market value in France.

• Like 1

Guess AEG will go for similar. In fairness we'd have sold Trez last summer if he wasn't injured so likely would've got 7-8m then.

Davis is the unlikely squad player to cash in on this summer. His stock is very unlikely to be higher than it is now.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah a fee is great when you consider players we've sent on loan to run down their contracts like Hourihane, Kalanic, Wesley. Guilbert even?!

It'll be interesting what fee we get for AEG and Guilbert. I've a feeling AEG might be a loan fee to us rather than a sale, as the prospective club knows he's out of contract next summer so would rather see how he performs before tying him down to a longer deal.

Guilbert has proven himself and has market value in France.

Yeah i agree. Its about time we started getting some fees back. We seem to loan alot of players out and dont get many transfer fees. We need to start getting fees again even if its small ones like this.

We sold engels probably on abit of a loss too. If we can shift hause, AEG, luiz (if he doesnt sign) on top of trez that clears alot of the dead wood.

• Like 1

One point I think I would make is that the reason we're collecting a fee at all for Trez is that his loan was, kind of unheralded, a pretty big success. He got 6 goals and 3 assists in 13 appearances - basically a goal contribution every 1.5 games - and an average rating of 7.31 on Whoscored, comfortably better than all bar one of his teammates. 

The reason I say this is firstly to point out we really seemed to do better in finding appropriate teams for players to join on loan in the second half of last season, and secondly that while he isn't good enough for us at this stage, the guy's not a complete donkey, he helps win football matches. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

My fav was the lightening quick Jota. He was the best

I'm pretty sure we only bought him for the quiz question about players who had moved directly to Villa from Small Heath. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm pretty sure we only bought him for the quiz question about players who had moved directly to Villa from Small Heath. 

I thought it was to get rid of Square Head the Younger, as no one on earth would have paid money for him, bar the scummers of course.

€4m after a serious long term injury, one year left on his contract and probably wasn't quite good enough anyway, not the worst business in our recent history. Good luck to him, I always liked his work rate and desire even if he did lack some of the natural talent other PL attackers have, although no one can deny he scored some important goals for us and his ability to be in the right place in the right time is a very underrated quality

• Like 1

Don't expect us to get much money for him but if possible add in a sell on % and or a performance clause if they win the league or get into the CL.

Might get us a few extra £ down the line.

Â