Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's going to be Tim.

Or Tielemans.

Varying levels of worrying for me. Ultimately the defence is going to be under lots more pressure.

Surely it will be Luiz, he played his first three seasons here as a DM so he has the most experience in the squad of the role.

Yes it's not ideal given how well he's developed into an 8 (I remember years back Villalad getting slagged off on here for suggesting he should be played further forward) but it will have to do and he can still take penalties. Then Tielemans and McGinn more advanced.

Good news at least on Kons and he'll be back early March. We have to play him RB v Spurs just to nullify Son.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I love the doubling down in the comments about scans. What a chancer 🤣🤣

Chancer is a kind word for it.

I'd call him a **** goblin for that.

Edited by est1874

I actually thought ACL at the time. I’ve seen people do it by impacts, twists and turns, that would have been diagnosed by now and we do announce them quickly.

However I do think he’ll be out for 2/3 months whatever it is, just a feeling and our luck. 

8 hours ago, Nicho said:

I actually thought ACL at the time. I’ve seen people do it by impacts, twists and turns, that would have been diagnosed by now and we do announce them quickly.

However I do think he’ll be out for 2/3 months whatever it is, just a feeling and our luck. 

Mate, at this point a player could go down holding their elbow and I’d be thinking ACL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Mate, at this point a player could go down holding their elbow and I’d be thinking ACL 

Yep I’m asking the medical community to rename it AVCL 😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surely it will be Luiz, he played his first three seasons here as a DM so he has the most experience in the squad of the role.

Yes it's not ideal given how well he's developed into an 8 (I remember years back Villalad getting slagged off on here for suggesting he should be played further forward) but it will have to do and he can still take penalties. Then Tielemans and McGinn more advanced.

Good news at least on Kons and he'll be back early March. We have to play him RB v Spurs just to nullify Son.

I got the bird too, for saying he is an 8.....and he is imo

Luiz & McGinn in the pivot, doesn't work, and we have tried it umpteen times....its no good disrupting two positions to fix one.

We have Tim, he has to be given a run.

Its made the Dendoncker loan decision a bit raw.

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I think it'll be McGinn and Tielemans vying for it, but I think I'd like Tim to be given the first shot - and if he takes it, keep him there. Not the biggest fan of McGinn in CM.

I agree.  I think that Emery prefers McGinn higher up the pitch (thankfully!).  Whilst McGinn is great at harrying opponents in their half of the field his defensive ability near our own box is limited.  Moving him back into a 6 role not only detracts from McGinn's game but it also detracts from our defensive structure.  It's not Tielemans best position either but I do think that he's better at filling in there.  It is a big ask to put Tim into the role for the rest of the season - especially as it is a really important position with the way that we try and play the ball out of defence.  I suspect he'll play more often than was probably the plan but I would still expect that he'll be coming off the bench for the last 15 - 20 minutes most of the time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mantis said:

Wonder if there was some crossed wires/people getting things mixed up because of the Kamara situation.

Because they both begin with a 'K' ?

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

what's the official word on Konsa, knock right? nothing to do with ACL?

They haven't made the exact injury official but Unai said still 3-4 weeks yesterday which fits with the MCL injury that's been speculated.

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2024 at 17:58, Hank Scorpio said:

It's going to be Tim.

Or Tielemans.

Varying levels of worrying for me. Ultimately the defence is going to be under lots more pressure.

My thinking is we may fare OK because Tielemans at least is more attack minded. Perhaps being on the front foot will actually help win games which we've struggled with. My concern with Doug/Bouba partnership has always been were not progressive enough with the ball.

Â