Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Needs to be one of the first on the team sheet in the position he is best in. Then work out the rest around him. I hate to see him running round in positions he isnt as good in. Like having an aston martin vantage in the garage and then taking it offroad. 

• Like 3

I watched the Bournemouth game live, and happened to turn away for a moment (I know, I'm sorry) which happened to be the moment when Ezri made that tackle...

Does anyone have a clip of it?

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I watched the Bournemouth game live, and happened to turn away for a moment (I know, I'm sorry) which happened to be the moment when Ezri made that tackle...

Does anyone have a clip of it?

I minute 40

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I minute 40

Thanks 😊 

It was almost TOO good a tackle, because he caught it so clean and strongly, it ricocheted off Diego back toward goal!

Great to see Ezri become one of the best center backs in the land.

It was incredible tackle but he was fortunate in a way, forward could have got a slightly stronger touch to get it out of his reach and it would be 100% pen

Fair play to forward there as well who didn't try and make something more of it. Others would have flung arms up screaming

What a performance. He's new to the role, he's going to have shaky games like we've seen, but of he has that level in his locker, and finds consistency, then he can be our right back for years to come.

A quite superb footballer. 

I was just putting "superb" on every page but, yeah, I always used to say that Konsa was a better defender than Mings.  We had these discussions and Konsa, for me, was the calm player who wanted the ball rather than Mings who "hoofed it".  And then Mings played really well and I doubted myself; maybe Konsa isn't that good...

...nah, he is.  Ignoring Mings (who was also playing brilliantly last season), Ezri is such a good defender.  Harry Maguire getting in the England side over him was a funny meme etc but it's actually a travesty.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I was just putting "superb" on every page but, yeah, I always used to say that Konsa was a better defender than Mings.  We had these discussions and Konsa, for me, was the calm player who wanted the ball rather than Mings who "hoofed it".  And then Mings played really well and I doubted myself; maybe Konsa isn't that good...

...nah, he is.  Ignoring Mings (who was also playing brilliantly last season), Ezri is such a good defender.  Harry Maguire getting in the England side over him was a funny meme etc but it's actually a travesty.

I think we genuinely have 4 CBs at the club who can play a 20 yard forward pass on the ground between the opposition lines and make it look easy

At the same time Konsa tonight was clipping stuff over the top for Bailey with ease 

And looked in complete control when we were keeping possession with simple 5 yard stuff

Rolls royce 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Him and McGinn battling with us in the championship to now battling for a champions league place. 

What a journey, what a player. 

He only battled against us in the Championship.

clearly able to play the Emery RB role.

i think having McGinn on the right side to support him (rather than Bailey - i think it needs to be Bailey/Diaby supporting Watkins, then McGinn on that right side), is the way to go, much more balanced and solid.

Â