Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

There should absolutely be no room for Maguire, Dunk, Dier or any other players that have been selected over Ezri over the years when he is clearly superior to all of them. 

Would be interesting to see the comparison stats with said 4 over the past season or 2 

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Would be interesting to see the comparison stats with said 4 over the past season or 2 

His FBREF has him better than Guehi in all metrics (albeit in a better team), Tomori better defensive stats but Konsa better on the ball,  Stones had the best on the ball stats which makes sense but he has also been playing in midfield.

This is over 365 days too, I tried to do it just for 23-24 season but couldn't, but if it was just this season I'm sure Konsa's stats would be even better as he wasn't as good last season.

image.png.5e651ba6bafc342b0c059bd22d199e03.png

image.png.5901645912accee555a5ca2e6045391b.png

image.png.f74ff5f13069bb7122c67fff767cbe3d.png

image.png.02074c3770d170ae3921360fcc7b14c6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Class.

He's developed into the leader/calm head I wasn't quite sure he'd be capable of in August once we lost Mings so fair play as he's critical to settle things down in the back until Pau is fit again.

Don't really want to see him at RB unless it's just for last few minutes, Lenglet has an error in him so I'd rather have Kons alongside him as he's a superb reader of the game so can quickly get back and try to eliminate the error.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Class.

He's developed into the leader/calm head I wasn't quite sure he'd be capable of in August once we lost Mings so fair play as he's critical to settle things down in the back until Pau is fit again.

Don't really want to see him at RB unless it's just for last few minutes, Lenglet has an error in him so I'd rather have Kons alongside him as he's a superb reader of the game so can quickly get back and try to eliminate the error.

Was just thinking he’s got to be one of if not the best English defender in the league at the moment. Be criminal if he doesn’t feature for England soon if continues playing like this.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was just thinking he’s got to be one of if not the best English defender in the league at the moment. Be criminal if he doesn’t feature for England soon if continues playing like this.

But what about his lack of experience???? 

He's also never been put in a position where he hasn't let England down, massive factor 

It’s scandalous that Konsa hasn’t got an England cap. He’s a model of consistency, good on the ball, quick and is calming influence at the back. 

On 26/01/2024 at 23:49, WHY said:

It’s scandalous that Konsa hasn’t got an England cap. He’s a model of consistency, good on the ball, quick and is calming influence at the back. 

Southclown strikes again.

2 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Hope he hasn't done any damage there, looked like his knee clattered the post.

It was just an impact injury so I'd imagine at worse a bruise. He was only take off as precaution and I'd be confident he'll be fine for Wednesday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

It was just an impact injury so I'd imagine at worse a bruise. He was only take off as precaution and I'd be confident he'll be fine for Wednesday.

We'll need him v Man. United to push up at the right times so would leave him out v Chelsea if he feels any discomfort start of the week.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i prefer him at CB, but at the moment i think he's also our best RB.

we really need a quality RB in the summer, so we can have Pau/Konsa at CB permanently.

Agree with this. And I flip from one game to the next as to whether we need him more at centre back or more at right back.

Cash and Carlos as the two alternatives in each position are both similar steps down, so it's making for some tough decisions for Emery.

Would be a bit of a disaster for us if he's injured,  so really hope he isn't.

• Like 2

Â