Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

If Mings comes back the same player, and that's a big if, Emery has some big calls to make at CB. I don't see him getting back in, he certainly won't be getting in ahead of Torres. Carlos waiting in the wings too, I suppose it's great to have 4 great options! 

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Despite some super goals from others, I gave Konsa man of the match, such a great performance from him.

So did I. The guys just oozes class and it doesn’t matter if it’s quick nippy forwards or big hulking muscle Mary’s like today he just defends with ease.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely outstanding.

Consistent quality, defensively, on the ball, in terms of his positioning - this is a top, top, quality centre back.

There are very few in this league that are matching Ezri at the moment.

He should be starting for England.

I agree makes no sense Southgate can't see it being as he was a cb himself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely outstanding.

Consistent quality, defensively, on the ball, in terms of his positioning - this is a top, top, quality centre back.

There are very few in this league that are matching Ezri at the moment.

He should be starting for England.

Had Antonio in his pocket, could have scored. Genuine class act, calm under pressure. Love how he can deal with a threat, protect the ball, look up and then get us going forwards. Really do not see who is clearly a better English CB at the moment.

6 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

So did I. The guys just oozes class and it doesn’t matter if it’s quick nippy forwards or big hulking muscle Mary’s like today he just defends with ease.

And also so many times that he comes to the rescue for others.

In the build up play almost all our players misplaces passes now and then, Konsa hardly ever does. He just has everything. 

37 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I said in a group chat with my friends on August 21st, (I have evidence of this), that Ezri would be our Player of The Season. He's living up to that prediction. Absolutely brilliant. 

There is an argument he has been for the last couple of seasons

He reminds me of McGrath, in the  sense that he looks like he absolutely loves the art of defending and never gives the impression that he is in a panic no matter who he finds himself one on one with.

It's a crime how he has been overlooked at international level. 

I think he is probably benefitting the most personally from Unai's system. Playing out from the back is having a serious affect on him with regards to improving his game. He's no longer the side to side passer but has become so comfortable carrying the ball and passing into forward positions and between the lines. It's added a completely different dimension to his game. quick and calm and strong in defence and now more positive in possession, he's becoming some player. 

• Like 1

It's  a tough call with the quality of players we now have but Ezri Konsa is massive for us. Calm but committed, he can boot it out but can also bring it out and set us up. I think he has developed his  leadership qualities now he is out of Tyrone's huge shadow and he is growing into Unai's perfect defender.

I thought it showed when he went  "mano a mano" with Antonio and won that, calm, confident and strong, when Antonio has been bouncing CB's in the Premier League for years now. Also playing calm confident close quarters with Cash by the corner flag and releasing the pass upfield that led to Leon's goal.

What a time to be a Villa Fan.

Watching him win that penalty again shows that he is starting to have that sixth sense that all really good players have. 

His brain works out where Paqueta is going to put the ball 2 seconds before he passes it. Which lets him get moving early and win the ball before Alvarez. 

Superb reading of the game and then superb body positioning to win the pen.

Â