Matt Targett

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Even if we were loaning him to Burnley, it’s a strange decision.

Doesn’t seem to be a loan fee? Or obligation to buy?

It’s not like he needs game time to develop, he’s 26. All it does is make our squad depth worse. 

I'm sure there would be - there needs to be something in it for us. If they've paid £5 for the rest of the season, for example, then it makes sense. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This has to be the worst deal purslow and co have done since coming to the club.

A complete shambles letting a quality left back leave on loan with no memtion whether  there is a obligation to buy.

Absolutely pathetic. All it takes is a injury to digne or poor form and what do we do???

Play young

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

This has to be the worst deal purslow and co have done since coming to the club.

A complete shambles letting a quality left back leave on loan with no memtion whether  there is a obligation to buy.

Absolutely pathetic. All it takes is a injury to digne or poor form and what do we do??? I thought we wanted competition for places. Young is 36

Lol what?

I’m absolutely furious about this. Not because I think we do or don’t need Targett. We should not be assisting them to survive at all and he’s definitely better than what they have. We’ve partially improved them for what? What’s the benefit to villa? In 18 months if they’ve managed to survive we’ll look back at this moment where we could have helped to **** them over and all we did was **** ourselves.

They're a club desperate to stay up in the hope that in the next few years they can dodgy deal their way to shit all over FFP and buy themselves ahead of everyone else. We’ve helped them do that.

Shame on our club for dealing with them.

That said I don’t wish Targett ill he’s been a good pro for us. I just hope he has an absolute stinker of a few months and puts a few through his own net

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i agree. really very bizarre.

edit: to add, it does seem that we are in the minority and most don't seem to mind. remains to be seen what the outcome is. if digne stays injury free and targett is a shower of shite for them and helps them go down, then it might prove a good decision

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely pathetic. All it takes is a injury to digne or poor form and what do we do??? I thought we wanted competition for places. Young is 36

A tad melodramatic don't you think mate? :D 

Young can cover if need be.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why in earth can't anyone confirm what the Loan fee is ffs. 

Why does it matter so much to you? Revealing the loan fee is not commonly done. I wouldn't get myself into such a tizzy over it 

12 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

As previously suggested, it seems he doesn’t want to fight for a place with Digne and instead wants to guarantee playing time, which to a degree is understandable however to go from POTS to not wanting to fight for your place is a bit odd and a bit of a cop out if it is the case. 

To go from POTS to being the first one being replaced/upgraded on is also odd from the players’ perspective 

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I’m absolutely furious about this. Not because I think we do or don’t need Targett. We should not be assisting them to survive at all and he’s definitely better than what they have. We’ve partially improved them for what? What’s the benefit to villa? In 18 months if they’ve managed to survive we’ll look back at this moment where we could have helped to **** them over and all we did was **** ourselves.

They're a club desperate to stay up in the hope that in the next few years they can dodgy deal their way to shit all over FFP and buy themselves ahead of everyone else. We’ve helped them do that.

Shame on our club for dealing with them.

That said I don’t wish Targett ill he’s been a good pro for us. I just hope he has an absolute stinker of a few months and puts a few through his own net

They've already done enough to easily stay up with the shamblic team's around them 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

How often are loan fees disclose? I don't recall seeing any club statement referencing them before.

We knew the fee for Axel was £5m. The fee for Lingard to Newcastle was public. We know there's no fee for Coutinho. A lot of them are known 

I actually dont blame Targett in any of this, some of the comments he received from fans during and after the United game would definitely have encouraged him to leave at the first opportunity.

Would swear he was Joleon Lescott from the abuse he got

1 minute ago, Xela said:

A tad melodramatic don't you think mate? :D 

Young can cover if need be.

There is no chance Young is a PL level left back. He played LWB in a 3-5-2 in Serie A a year ago. He’s 36 and barely played LB in his life.

If Digne gets injured, this move will look even more moronic than it currently does.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol what?

How does this benefit our club? 

You get it if there was a big summer fee to make it permanent in place or if it was permanent now. 

Its poor, really poor and i am quite angry about it as this ones gonna back fire on us i think

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AXD said:

To go from POTS to being the first one being replaced/upgraded on is also odd from the players’ perspective 

IT. WAS. A. SYSTEM. CHANGE.

So annoying that people can't see that our full backs are playing a completely different game under Gerrard than last season under Smith. 

Targett is smart enough to realise that. 

• Like 2

Â