Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

"Can't pass, can't run, can't shoot, can't trap a ball, has ZERO footballing ability"

In before the "yeah he did it in a horrendous league against terrible defenses".

That ain't the point, it's either he has ZERO footballing ability or he does. It's either he is capable of doing those things or he can't.

Although a Villa fan on fan cams did claim he couldn't score against Under 9s. Which would make more sense if he hadn't already scored.

No I'm not trying to pretend like he has been good either, but I'm not going for the absolute hyperbole surrounding the lad and the total disregard for how the performance of the rest of the team and confidence might me affecting him.

To say he needs to be dropped as he ain't doing it is one thing, to dramatically claim he is absolutely useless and will NEVER amount to anything is another.

The other classic I saw was "He was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time for his goals (tap in - which was of course pointed out)". Which doesn't even make sense as in the same breath the poster said him never being in the right place was one of the problems 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Can't pass, can't run, can't shoot, can't trap a ball, has ZERO footballing ability"

In before the "yeah he did it in a horrendous league against terrible defenses".

That ain't the point, it's either he has ZERO footballing ability or he does. It's either he is capable of doing those things or he can't.

Although a Villa fan on fan cams did claim he couldn't score against Under 9s. Which would make more sense if he hadn't already scored.

No I'm not trying to pretend like he has been good either, but I'm not going for the absolute hyperbole surrounding the lad and the total disregard for how the performance of the rest of the team and confidence might me affecting him.

To say he needs to be dropped as he ain't doing it is one thing, to dramatically claim he is absolutely useless and will NEVER amount to anything is another.

The other classic I saw was "He was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time for his goals (tap in - which was of course pointed out)". Which doesn't even make sense as in the same breath the poster said him never being in the right place was one of the problems 😂

After watching him this season he honestly looks shit to me in that video now 😄

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Shit player did better in a shit league. Surprise surprise. 

You make no sense to be fair. I've done terrific plays and goals against semi-professional ball players. Does that mean I have the ability when facing professional players. No, ofc. it doesn't.  

If you consistently fail to deliver against the opponents at the level you're handed, then you at that point in time don't belong at that level. Pretty simple. 

I'd be shocked if Wesley would hold his own in the championship, nevermind the idea of the PL. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You make no sense to be fair. I've done terrific plays and goals against semi-professional ball players. Does that mean I have the ability when facing professional players. No, ofc. it doesn't.  

If you consistently fail to deliver against the opponents at the level you're handed, then you at that point in time don't belong at that level. Pretty simple. 

I'd be shocked if Wesley would hold his own in the championship, nevermind the idea of the PL. 

You're trying WAY too hard, to the point where you're actually making yourself look stupid, even if in your brain you think you are pulling off a masterstroke of a comment.

Now you're comparing yourself "pulling off terrific plays and goals against semi - professional players" to actual professional players, playing in professional and Champions League matches. (No matter the level).

I despair... 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, villanmac said:

After watching him this season he honestly looks shit to me in that video now 😄

That is the thing. Even when confronted by evidence of him doing well people on villa talk are continuously insisting that he is shit. Maybe let your opinion change when shown he can do well. 

• Like 2

I said the the Sheffield United thread that I would probably let him start that one from the bench but I still think the lad has a lot to offer. It's not working right now but that doesn't mean you sell him. He is still young, he has made a huge step up in terms of opposition, he has been called up to and played for the Brazilian national team. All of those things point to a player with bags of potential. 

Maybe a game or two out of the limelight. A rest may be what he needs. What I won't dispute is his attitude. Never stops working and that's great to see. 

• Like 3

Faulty goods

What are my rights if I return something faulty?

Problems and faults can occur. The solution to the problem can depend on a number of things.

• Did you examine the item and are you happy that it is what you agreed to buy?
  • Did you accept the item?
  • Did you use the item without any issues for a period of time?
  • Is the problem major or minor?
DID YOU KNOW?
A major fault is one where the item does not work as it is supposed to. For example, a new washing machine that fills up with water but doesn’t spin or empty, or a new toaster that doesn’t heat up, would be major faults in these items. Generally speaking, if there is a fault with the appearance or finish of an item, or if the item has been scratched, this is a minor fault, as the item will still work and do what it is supposed to do.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Faulty goods

What are my rights if I return something faulty?

Problems and faults can occur. The solution to the problem can depend on a number of things.

• Did you examine the item and are you happy that it is what you agreed to buy?
  • Did you accept the item?
  • Did you use the item without any issues for a period of time?
  • Is the problem major or minor?
DID YOU KNOW?
A major fault is one where the item does not work as it is supposed to. For example, a new washing machine that fills up with water but doesn’t spin or empty, or a new toaster that doesn’t heat up, would be major faults in these items. Generally speaking, if there is a fault with the appearance or finish of an item, or if the item has been scratched, this is a minor fault, as the item will still work and do what it is supposed to do.

There are so many good insults about someone who thinks this is relevant because guess what DS, purslow and suso all knew what they were getting when they bought him. They were getting a work in progress player who has scored as many goals in the prem this season as Ayew, Firminho (hasn't scored in the same number of games as wesley), Haller, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Martial and 1 less goal than Son, Lacazette, Jesus, Mousset.

• Like 1

Think the big issue is the club spending £22m or something for a guy who finished joint 10th in the Jupiler League scoring chart last season and.

Had we paid half that and used him as a rotation player with potential rather than our given starter we would likely be more calm about how he looks.

As it is now it's frankly very worrying because he looks way out of his dept and he looks like he's lacking basic football intelligence of how to play in this tactical formation and as a lone striker. He's not where he's supposed to be far too often. Perhaps this is down to a lack of confidence and him wanting to do too much but it has to improve asap. He doesn't look like someone who has played football all his life, and he isn't.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Think the big issue is the club spending £22m or something for a guy who finished joint 10th in the Jupiler League scoring chart last season and.

Had we paid half that and used him as a rotation player with potential rather than our given starter we would likely be more calm about how he looks.

As it is now it's frankly very worrying because he looks way out of his dept and he looks like he's lacking basic football intelligence of how to play in this tactical formation and as a lone striker. He's not where he's supposed to be far too often. Perhaps this is down to a lack of confidence and him wanting to do too much but it has to improve asap. He doesn't look like someone who has played football all his life, and he isn't.

We don't know where he is supposed to be. He is likely following Smith's instructions about his positioning on the pitch. He needs to do better in the box but as I have said for the 6th or 7th time everyone else needs to do better as well. I think we should use him like a centre in basketball do a pick and roll. Just have him stand up straight and strong and let players run into him either we win a free kick opposition ran into him or whoever is on the ball is free. It won't create mismatches like in basketball but we saw how effective it is on Sunday with soyuncu screening elmo and letting Evans get free. 

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're trying WAY too hard, to the point where you're actually making yourself look stupid, even if in your brain you think you are pulling off a masterstroke of a comment.

Now you're comparing yourself "pulling off terrific plays and goals against semi - professional players" to actual professional players, playing in professional and Champions League matches. (No matter the level).

I despair... 

Alright despair away. Let me know when you are adult enough to discuss it. 

And the point was simply pointing out the obvious flawed thinking in the idea you presented that you either are capable of something or you aren't. Which I've just shown you is a lot of twaddle. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We don't know where he is supposed to be. He is likely following Smith's instructions about his positioning on the pitch. He needs to do better in the box but as I have said for the 6th or 7th time everyone else needs to do better as well. I think we should use him like a centre in basketball do a pick and roll. Just have him stand up straight and strong and let players run into him either we win a free kick opposition ran into him or whoever is on the ball is free. It won't create mismatches like in basketball but we saw how effective it is on Sunday with soyuncu screening elmo and letting Evans get free. 

He might very well have been given a free role by Smith (I doubt it thou) but i can 100% guarantee that he is still supposed to occupy the space in the central attacking goal area more often than he is. No way is our tactic to have no one in the the box when we cross. Just compare to how Abraham played in a similar tactic for us last season. He's playing way too deep and too wide far too often. 

The "fact" that McGinn for example seem to have run out of steam and doesn't put up as often in the box obviously also doesn't help.  

4 minutes ago, sne said:

He might very well have been given a free role by Smith (I doubt it thou) but i can 100% guarantee that he is still supposed to occupy the space in the central attacking goal area more often than he is. No way is our tactic to have no one in the the box when we cross. Just compare to how Abraham played in a similar tactic for us last season. He's playing way too deep and too wide far too often. 

The "fact" that McGinn for example seem to have run out of steam and doesn't put up as often in the box obviously also doesn't help.  

As a team our movement is very poor and should be worked on every day in training. If Dean isn't doing this I would be very disappointed. But as I said you can't just complain that wesley doesn't do it when no one else does as well.

I also think that our highball crosses are very silly considering we no longer have Abraham and we should instead cross with low bouncing balls which are much harder to defend as it is very easy to deflect them into your own net. Low crosses are almost always better which is why targett is so dangerous because he plays low ball across the face of goal. 

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

As a team our movement is very poor and should be worked on every day in training. If Dean isn't doing this I would be very disappointed. But as I said you can't just complain that wesley doesn't do it when no one else does as well.

I also think that our highball crosses are very silly considering we no longer have Abraham and we should instead cross with low bouncing balls which are much harder to defend as it is very easy to deflect them into your own net. Low crosses are almost always better which is why targett is so dangerous because he plays low ball across the face of goal. 

High, low or in the middle, when there is no one in the middle to receive them it really matters little.

Fwiw I'm not trying to claim that everything is working ace and Wesley is the only thing holding us back from finishing top 10. I have no illusions of this and we have more issues.

But Wesley is not good enough currently IMO.

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Alright despair away. Let me know when you are adult enough to discuss it. 

And the point was simply pointing out the obvious flawed thinking in the idea you presented that you either are capable of something or you aren't. Which I've just shown you is a lot of twaddle. 

Ah ok, so you being able to " pull off moves and goals against semi - professional football players" is comparable to a professional player doing it for years at the pro level against pro opposition (regardless of what you think the level), and proves your point.

Got it, i'm just not adult enough to comprehend it.

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ah ok, so you being able to " pull off moves and goals against semi - professional football players" is comparable to a professional player doing it for years at the pro level against pro opposition (regardless of what you think the level), and proves your point.

Got it, i'm just not adult enough to comprehend it.

Yeah you seem a bit like a child here now cause it's clear that was not what was said. 

You said something dumb and incorrect. I pointed it out.  Deal with it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

There are so many good insults about someone who thinks this is relevant because guess what DS, purslow and suso all knew what they were getting when they bought him. They were getting a work in progress player who has scored as many goals in the prem this season as Ayew, Firminho (hasn't scored in the same number of games as wesley), Haller, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Martial and 1 less goal than Son, Lacazette, Jesus, Mousset.

Ah yeah, I think you're clearly reaching here the moment you tried comparing a centre forward to midfielders. Who the **** compares Wesley to the likes of Kevin De Bruyne in terms of goals? KDB is an assister, he's not mainly a goalscorer as shown by the fact that he has 8 more assists than Wesley in the PL. 

Now okay I concede, that you did name a couple of forwards in that list but now I will list all these players in terms of minutes per goal.

Wesley 344 minutes per goal

Roberto Firmino 317 minutes per goal

Jordan Ayew 303 minutes per goal

Sebastian Haller 298 minutes per goal

Now there's a massive gap about here

Anthony Martial 193 minutes per goal

Riyad Mahrez 165 minutes per goal

Gabriel Jesus 145 minutes per goal

Alexandre Lacazette 132 minutes per goal

Lys Moussette 118 minutes per goal.

As shown here, he is absolutely no where near the likes of Martial, Jesus, Mahrez, Lacazette and Moussette so comparisons to them are silly. In fact, the only players who are comparable to him in terms of goal scoring ability are Ayew, Firmino(who has 3 more assists than Wesley) and Haller but I think there's argument to say there's concern on the form of all 3 of these as they aren't playing to the PL standard either, especially Haller who should be doing more considering his price tag(Sorry that is a terrible minute per goal ratio for a 45 million pound rated forward). So again, comparing players to other players who are underperforming and using that as argument to say Wesley is playing okay is silly when its entirely possible they're all playing like crap at the moment.

Edit: I forgot to add Roberto Firmino.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

48 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah you seem a bit like a child here now cause it's clear that was not what was said. 

You said something dumb and incorrect. I pointed it out.  Deal with it. 

I'm perplexed that someone who has given such a blatantly garbage and outlandish reference example to try and further their agenda is saying I'm a " bit like a child" as that's exactly what I was thinking hence the realisation that there is zero reason for me to follow up on any debate with regards to this with you.

It is clear you will go to desperate lengths to stick to your guns no matter how ludicrous the statement.

Â