Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Have a feeling come the end of the season we'll look back on a lot of these posts and have a laugh at how hilariously wrong they were about Wesley. It's still but the dawn of his curriculum Villa vitae, all it will take is a few goals in the coming matches and his goals to game ratio will suddenly be looking decent again, just needs to get going once more.

Keep banging that drum!

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Have a feeling come the end of the season we'll look back on a lot of these posts and have a laugh at how hilariously wrong they were about Wesley. It's still but the dawn of his curriculum Villa vitae, all it will take is a few goals in the coming matches and his goals to game ratio will suddenly be looking decent again, just needs to get going once more.

make no mistake, i really hope you're right. because we're going down if not. kodj is not going to be playing anytime soon. smith is going to persist with wes, that much is obvious, just have to really hope it clicks for him and soon

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

It's not the goals we are worried about mate.

I think 'useless' is the only one left that doesn't understand this.
We're a good side going forward so most forwards would at least get a couple of goals. We're all more concerned by the fact he can't control the ball, run, shoot, head or dribble.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Again, as no one has answered this - what are Wesley's key attributes? I just don't know what he does. 

This is a question directed at those who still think he'll come good. Just tell me what his attributes are!

Lots of room for improvement? :D

Honestly also struggle to see what it is he has and what our scouting team saw in him.

Far easier to see the things he lacks sadly. Hopefully he's a quick learner.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Goals have never been the problem. We've scored 23 goals, that's more than most. The 6th placed team as 23 goals. 

We got three major issues. One is that our defensive organisation is horrid. Two, our midfield is imbalanced (by playing McGinn too advanced) and not compact enough. And three is that we got a striker who aren't contributing to our attacking play at all. He's basically offering absolutely nothing. Last match he went deep to bring up the midfield and gave away a goal. He's just a total liability offensively and defensively. 

I also find it utterly weird how shaky we are at set pieces with Terry on board. It almost seems like we are lacking a defensive coach. It's not about quality of players. It's just about organisation on set pieces and tactical naivety. 

I fully believe we will get this right, but I can't for my life see how Wesley will be anything other than a huge flop. He has nothing to his game. Nothing. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

15 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Again, as no one has answered this - what are Wesley's key attributes? I just don't know what he does. 

This is a question directed at those who still think he'll come good. Just tell me what his attributes are!

I think he has got good link up play and when the ball is played to him and not just somewhere within 30 yards of him he has good hold up play. It is just often we don't find him with enough accuracy so he is 2nd to the where the ball will land so either he loses it or he fouls. He also generally has quite good vision and plays alright cross field balls. 

On top of that since he has come here he has shown significant improvements in his touch and strength and hopefully will continue to improve other areas of his game as well. 

Dont get me wrong he has a lot to improve like his off ball movement but so does our entire team. No one gambles for the ball or even comes short for a pass except for Jack so the coaching team needs to work on that.

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

On top of that since he has come here he has shown significant improvements in his touch and strength and hopefully will continue to improve other areas of his game as well. 

Did he come here on crutches? 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

He's very deceptive.

Brazilian, yet plays football like an out of form Geoff Horsfield.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think he has got good link up play and when the ball is played to him and not just somewhere within 30 yards of him he has good hold up play. It is just often we don't find him with enough accuracy so he is 2nd to the where the ball will land so either he loses it or he fouls. He also generally has quite good vision and plays alright cross field balls. 

Dont get me wrong he has a lot to improve like his off ball movement but so does our entire team. No one gambles for the ball or even comes short for a pass except for Jack so the coaching team needs to work on that.

it's amazing how differently some see the game. i disagree wholeheartedly on the hold up play. in fact i'd say that to be one of his weaker attributes

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He's very deceptive.

Brazilian, yet plays football like an out of form Geoff Horsfield.

Never saw Horsfield put in any performances like Wes has.

A dream to play against.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

it's amazing how differently some see the game. i disagree wholeheartedly on the hold up play. in fact i'd say that to be one of his weaker attributes

He did qualify it with quite a few qualifiers to be fair.

Ball at his feet and minimal pressure, he's really good. He can play 1 touch football and his passing and vision are really good for a striker. The problems arise when there's even a little pressure from a defender behind him.

I think it's the level of defenders in the PL that's proven to be a big step up for him. In Belgium his hold up play looked good, hell even in the CL against Dortmund. In preseason he was great at holding the ball up, but the key was it was against lesser opposition. He also absolutely dominated the shit/rusty defenders Keane and Mina at VP this year. 

The PL is full of wily, experienced defenders who are top athletes. Probably unlike anything he's ever faced and he's really struggling. He needs to take a break on the sidelines for a while and watch how Keinan does it. I think it's a matter of getting to grips with the league. There are some attributes there to work with.

Edited by Keyblade

All of those players had obvious strengths as players. You could see where they could improve, but you also saw the niche they were good at. Wesley has nothing. 

And it's never been about goals. 4 goals is fine. It's his general performances that are dog shit. 

Â