Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, claretman said:

His second best performance yesterday (Everton being the best) but it still wasn't that amazing. 

Yes, he won some flick ons, gave the defender's a difficult time and got cheered when he closed them down quickly on one occasion. However, that's what I expect any half decent striker to do.  

He goes down far too easily for such a big man and his arm throwing is ridiculous.  Where was he when Al-Ghazi and McGinn got to the bye-line in quick succession in the second half and there was NOBODY in the middle?  What was that awful

attempt at a header in the first half from the centre of the goal?

I do feel with the right coaching he may get there, but at the moment a striker looks like priority in January.

It's definitely hoping rather than thinking he'll become a good striker based on anything he's doing.

42 minutes ago, claretman said:

His second best performance yesterday (Everton being the best) but it still wasn't that amazing. 

Yes, he won some flick ons, gave the defender's a difficult time and got cheered when he closed them down quickly on one occasion. However, that's what I expect any half decent striker to do.  

He goes down far too easily for such a big man and his arm throwing is ridiculous.  Where was he when Al-Ghazi and McGinn got to the bye-line in quick succession in the second half and there was NOBODY in the middle?  What was that awful

attempt at a header in the first half from the centre of the goal?

I do feel with the right coaching he may get there, but at the moment a striker looks like priority in January.

Norwich was better IMO.

I thought he was pretty shit yesterday. 

He has all the attributes to be a very good target man. He is big, strong, decent in the air and has shown he has an awareness in terms of being able to bring others into play. He just lacks consistency at the moment and too often goes missing. I think one of his biggest problems is also not playing to the whistle. It seems half a dozen times a game he is appealing for free kicks, doesn't get them and then spends the next few seconds whinging rather than getting on with the game.

Based on his first 11 games for us I'd rank him about 6/10 but apart from glimpses I don't think we have seen anything like what he is capable of though.

Edited by markavfc40

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When posters criticise Dean Smith and then recommend Troy Deeney you just know they're talking utter bollocks.

Still baiting I see. And I criticised some aspects of Dean Smith’s management. Troy Deeney was a suggestion to help our young Brazilian striker push on and improve which he will. 

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He really put a shift in yesterday. Gave his all for the team. As long as he is doing that every game I have no complaints. 

Put in a shift?

That's the bare minimum expected from a Villa player.

I expect to see some actual quality. Still waiting for some "wow" moments both Benteke and also Kodjia have given us in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Put in a shift?

That's the bare minimum expected from a Villa player.

I expect to see some actual quality. Still waiting for some "wow" moments both Benteke and also Kodjia have given us in the past.

mrw GIF

;) 

Hard work gets rewarded.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

This young thing needs to stop. He's not a kid, he's almost 23. 

Weimann were in his early 20's as well. He didn't really improve over the years.

I'm not saying he will end up in the same road as Weimann but if you can't see any real quality within 10-15 games..i mean it's starting to look pretty grim.

God i miss Benteke. So good for us. Not the current Benteke version though.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Like Weimann? Worked his socks off every week and he will still be remembered as bang average by most.

You need to back up the hard work with talent.

I was always happy with Weimann. Thought he did well in what was a pretty shit team and a very negative manager. Weimann scored some big goals for us. 

Wes will be fine and if he isn’t he will be sold. I’ve seen enough of him to think he will be fine. He does need competition though. Kodija is pointless.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was always happy with Weimann. Thought he did well in what was a pretty shit team and a very negative manager. Weimann scored some big goals for us. 

Wes will be fine and if he isn’t he will be sold. I’ve seen enough of him to think he will be fine. He does need competition though. Kodija is pointless.

I always thought he was bang average. And the fact that he is a Championship player proves my point to be fair.

A lot of people on here just assume he's going to improve because he's "young". That doesn't always happen.

Is Delph a better player now than when he were at Wesley's age? Nope. 

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I always thought he was bang average. And the fact that he is a Championship player proves my point to be fair.

A lot of people on here just assume he's going to improve because he's "young". That doesn't always happen.

Is Delph a better player now than when he were at Wesley's age? Nope. 

Most people that have referred to him being young have also mentioned that he is new to this league.  Some players settle and adapt a lot quicker than others so I think his age along with being in a new country/league are valid points to raise.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Most people that have referred to him being young have also mentioned that he is new to this league.  Some players settle and adapt a lot quicker than others so I think his age along with being in a new country/league are valid points to raise.

Benteke were too though and came from the same league.

Also similar age and Benteke did hit it off in his first season for a smaller fee.

Â