Women's World Cup 2019

KMitch

On 24/06/2019 at 11:44, villalad21 said:

This wc has gotten to the point where i've stopped celebrating goals, i'm waiting to see if the goal is given.

Happened countless times now where i've celebrated and then it takes 3 min just for them to remove the goal. Removes all the fun and excitement, i seriously want var removed.

Agree - and the rules all start  "If in the opinion of the Referee......."

On 24/06/2019 at 09:08, Demitri_C said:

Way a go to promote women's football Cameroon 👍

As daft as it is it will probably end up helping in the end, think back to proper world cups and it's the controvesy/drama that gets talked about for years rather than the matches most of the time.

If englands goal in 66 would have just flown in the top corner/trickled in etc it would have just been another goal, Shilton spilled a catch and Maradona just poked it in,who cares... etc.

People still talk about Caniggia getting fouled by the entire cameroon team now, Schumacher trying to decapitate Battiston,  The Zaire free kick wall in 1974, etc etc

The women need some stories of their own, Cameroon having a meltdown is one, The whole VAR shiteness in genera is something else, Just need someone to Karate kick a ballboy or something now and they're off to a good start

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

As daft as it is it will probably end up helping in the end, think back to proper world cups and it's the controvesy/drama that gets talked about for years rather than the matches most of the time.

If englands goal in 66 would have just flown in the top corner/trickled in etc it would have just been another goal, Shilton spilled a catch and Maradona just poked it in,who cares... etc.

People still talk about Caniggia getting fouled by the entire cameroon team now, Schumacher trying to decapitate Battiston,  The Zaire free kick wall in 1974, etc etc

The women need some stories of their own, Cameroon having a meltdown is one, The whole VAR shiteness in genera is something else, Just need someone to Karate kick a ballboy or something now and they're off to a good start

It's true though. Obviously a lot more attention on this World Cup but as pervy as it sounds probably most famous thing to happen in women's world cup mediawise was the American player think was Mia Hamm taking her top off celebrating

Utter bullshit. How is she supposed to get her hand out of the way from that close? It's impossible. No unnatural movement. The official rules are ruining it.

Just now, The_Rev said:

Just wait until players kicking the ball at opposition hands reaches critical mass. VAR is the devil. 

Is it not that the rules need changing? VAR just assists how they are enforced. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Is it not that the rules need changing? VAR just assists how they are enforced. 

It seems to have created more problems than its solved as far as I can tell. Maybe everything will get ironed out eventually but the people who were arguing that introducing VAR was the thin edge of the wedge are being proved right as far as I can see. 

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

It seems to have created more problems than its solved as far as I can tell. Maybe everything will get ironed out eventually but the people who were arguing that introducing VAR was the thin edge of the wedge are being proved right as far as I can see. 

Though, with that penalty decision, VAR had nothing to do with it. The ref blew for it straight away 🤷‍♂️

Â