limpid

2 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Not a fan on Davis on the wing tbh, should be trying him out in the CF position to see how he can work with the wingers

Not sure there was anyone else who could’ve played there. El Ghazi hasn’t played a minute of the last two friendlies, so must be injured.

So what I got from that match is we're pretty much good to go if the majority of tonight's starting XI play against Spurs, but we're in trouble if we need to make subs. Hopefully once we add a bit more talent our bench for most games will look a bit better. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What was score and scorers and assists?

Jota (2), Wesley (2), Grealish

Aston Villa rounded out comfortable winners in their third pre-season friendly, coming away with a 5-1 win over Walsall.

Our new signing duo Jota and Wesley were all action for the first four goals...........

continued etc............

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/07/24/the-verdict-walsall-1-5-aston-villa

• Thanks 2

Was enjoyable and exciting to watch today but we can’t forget the level of the opposition, we will be playing far stronger teams and need some defensive resilience and steel. A solid DM is a priority imo.

Spurs is going to be a really tough game.

I’ll be most interested to see how we do against Leipzig during preseason. That will be the best gauge of how capable we are as a team.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Was enjoyable and exciting to watch today but we can’t forget the level of the opposition, we will be playing far stronger teams and need some defensive resilience and steel. A solid DM is a priority imo.

Spurs is going to be a really tough game.

I’ll be most interested to see how we do against Leipzig during preseason. That will be the best gauge of how capable we are as a team.

I was impressed actually how we were without the ball. Ok the opposition hasn't exactly been stellar but Smith spoke after the Minnesota game that our shape without the ball in the PL is very important. We have to be honest enough to know that Spurs will boss large parts of the game and have the potential to cut through us easily so the shape needs to be good.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

not really, he was terrible, RHM has done more in 15 mins than green did in 70.

I do wonder about this type of mentality. Seems people want to have a go no matter how he plays. He was an inch of scoring an absolute cracker but everyone just wants to complain. 

I also thought RHM was good when he came on but I thought Green was pretty good too. 

• Like 1

Â