limpid

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

I do wonder about this type of mentality. Seems people want to have a go no matter how he plays. He was an inch of scoring an absolute cracker but everyone just wants to complain. 

I also thought RHM was good when he came on but I thought Green was pretty good too. 

mentality?

its not mentality, its observation, imo his play is very poor, possibly due to confidence issues?, who knows.

I think a loan would do him good, he needs to get a full season under his belt and build some confidence.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I was impressed actually how we were without the ball. Ok the opposition hasn't exactly been stellar but Smith spoke after the Minnesota game that our shape without the ball in the PL is very important. We have to be honest enough to know that Spurs will boss large parts of the game and have the potential to cut through us easily so the shape needs to be good.

Fair point but I don’t think we’ve, as of yet, had to deal with the kind of pressure we are going to face in the PL, since Smith joined us.

Since he settled the team down (including integrating Mings, getting Grealish back, establishing Steer as our GK) and we went on the record breaking run of wins, I think we only faced inferior teams. If we had started the season with Smith and that side, I feel we could well have finished as champions. It was a weird and highly disrupted season and the fact we managed to get promoted after all of it is of great credit to Deano.

Tbh, I’m not confident against teams like Spurs with our present side, I just think we need some solidity to combat their threats. I hope we don’t get easily overrun and broken through in those type of games. A solid DM and backup would give me more assurance.

Honestly, I don’t know what to expect but I am genuinely excited.

We’re going to come up against drastically bigger tests than today so isn’t much of an indicator to me. Glad to see the new signings showing their qualities and appearing to have settled in quickly.

Really looking forward to the Leipzig game...

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Hogan makes me laugh and cry at the same time. 

is that a sneeze?

He gets up my nose too.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, smg said:

Another positive from the game is this seasons scapegoats have been selected step forward Hourihane and Green enjoy your season.

But....they were poor?

I'm not sure how pretending otherwise makes us a better team? 

We now live in a world where criticism is frowned upon, it's weird. I'm not a success at what I do because I was told I was brilliant, but because people pointed out where I was going wrong.

Hourihane may have been poor in that game but that does not make him a poor player he is capable of producing quality the problem is that once people suggest he is shit the bandwagon starts rolling and even when he performs well it is ignored or sneered at. There have been numerous players unfairly  judged in recent years on this boarg

• Like 1

Â