limpid

Just now, theboyangel said:

Very comfy first half. 

Standouts so far 

jota - involved in everything and developing a good understanding with Jack and Wes.

Wesley - two good finishes and getting himself involved 

Engels - so relaxed and composed in the ball

Gilbert and Targett - both full backs getting forward and playing telling passes at the right time. 

Jack - clearly a cut above but working hard, making intelligent runs and linking up with the attack well. 

very much agree.

Jota has been the standout performer for me so far, what a player he is for 4m ish.....love him, capable of intricite play and he suits Jack down to the ground, will be great to have a creative player that isnt jack (ie: not all on jacks shoulders)

Wesley looks the real deal.

Engels i agree, he looks really composed and comfortable on the ball.

Lansbury also looks decent tbh.

Guilbert looks good, but still a little prone to losing the ball in dangerous situations, still really good tho, Targett looks a decent player, not quite as dynamic as Guilbert, but Targett also looks a little less prone to a mistake.

Green and Hourihane havent impressed me at all, Green especially has been terrible imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Konsa or Engels away to Spurs ? It's a tough one but a good problem to have.

Engels looks really good so far, composed, good on the ball.

Hard tho, Konsa has looked good also...... (in previous matches)

Mings and Engels do look good playing together for sure.

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I do think Engels is initially looking like the one who should be partnering Mings. I think they have started very well together. With a good DM in place it will make it much easier for them both to play out from the back.

Yep, Engels for me. Looks so comfortable on the ball. 

Surprised by so many on here saying Engels is playing excellently, haven’t really noticed him. Remember him spaffing a diagonal ball aimed at Green straight to the keeper, and some simple passes but that’s about it. I must’ve missed something.

Agree with everything else. Green has been poor and Hourihane is not having his best game. I think Connor has to play in Lansbury/McGinn’s role in this formation - his best asset is his shooting. He is slow to turn and so one-footed. He’s also just not a great defensive player.

Wes and Jota looking good. Mings more like his old self.

Guilbert and Targett look a big improvement going forwards, holding my breath until I see them tested defensively though.

Edited by Cizzler

1 minute ago, Cizzler said:

Surprised by so many on here saying Engels is playing excellently, haven’t really noticed him. Remember him spaffing a diagonal ball aimed at Green straight to the keeper, and some simple passes but that’s about it. I must’ve missed something.

Agree with everything else. Green has been poor and Hourihane is not having his best game. I think Connor has to play in Lansbury/McGinn’s role in this formation - his best asset is his shooting. He is slow to turn and so one-footed. He’s also just not a great defensive player.

Wes and Jota looking good. Mings more like his old self.

Guilbert and Targett look a big improvement going forwards, holding my breath until I see them tested defensively though.

Engels has looked very comfortable on the ball. Hardly spaffing it, he slightly over hit a 60 yard pass

• Like 2

Teams will be well prepared next season. They'll know that Mings likes to play out from the back and take risks when on the ball. I imagine he will give a way a few free goals.

I love the guy but I'm not 100% convinced of his ability in the top tier.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Weird. Same team coming out. Didn't we have a B team lined up? 

Not really. We've got a couple of weeks until Spurs and only 2 friendly's after this. Match fitness is now key with bedding in the most of the likely 11 we'll start with.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Not really. We've got a couple of weeks until Spurs and only 2 friendly's after this. Match fitness is now key with bedding in the most of the likely 11 we'll start with.

Yeah that's not my point. Ideally I'd want more starting players in there, i.e.  McGinn and El Ghazi, but I thought someone said we were using two different teams in this match as well. 

Â