Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

11 hours ago, il_serpente said:

How did Bournemouth get twice as many shots on goal and nearly twice as many shots as City?   We all thought they were as good as down, but now I wouldn't put it past them to get a good result at Southampton and/or Everton.  It's actually still possible that we finish above one of Watford and West Ham and still go down or that both of them go down.

Yup. That is why tonight is so massive. 

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Couldn't seem to cope with expectations levels at Burnley, lawd knows how he would cope at Villa.

Thought he moved back to Bournemouth to look after his dad because his mum died or something like that? Plus he was 33 or something... so could be slightly different now. But actually I do agree with your point that I think he’s much better suited to Bournemouth than to a club with 40,000 fans and high expectations. Be interesting to see what he does next if they do part ways.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Thought he moved back to Bournemouth to look after his dad because his mum died or something like that? Plus he was 33 or something... so could be slightly different now. But actually I do agree with your point that I think he’s much better suited to Bournemouth than to a club with 40,000 fans and high expectations. Be interesting to see what he does next if they do part ways.

Bristol City? Ambitious owner, huge potential, not a million miles away from Bournemouth.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, il_serpente said:

How did Bournemouth get twice as many shots on goal and nearly twice as many shots as City?   We all thought they were as good as down, but now I wouldn't put it past them to get a good result at Southampton and/or Everton.  It's actually still possible that we finish above one of Watford and West Ham and still go down or that both of them go down.

What I see from that is a squad who are having the sane difficulty weve been having, which is having a good bit of play but unable to make it count. Lets face it both Villa and Bournemouth are where they are at for reasons and one of them is failure to put away there chances. Each of our squads has proven they are more than capable of taking it to teams with better players, yet both our Villa and the Bournemouth team included have weaknesses that put them in the positions they are in because we failed at stopping the problems. Decisions gone wrong and bad officials have also been a problem for clubs at the bottom. This new sub rule is to much for squad with less talented players on the bench, being able to change half a squad in one game only serves as a positive for better equipped clubs who have players of higher quality, that's your top six for you.

Also at this stage of the season at the bottom the real players start showing the guts, those who are most desperate to stay will do the hardest to fetch results. It's like they finally realise that relegation is looming because it hit them in the face like a car crash. Top teams start to get abit more relaxed because they have done what they needed to accomplish. 

It is all on the plate at the moment and I said last week that somehow I have a feeling that Westham and watford will mess up, while Bournemouth and Villa may pull themselves out of the mess, would be crazy would it not??

Tonight is the night that our players need yet another result, will they rise to the occasion or f up and admit defeat, last game suggested that the players may have finally come to terms that they actually need to do something in order to stay up.

I think if they can go get a win tonight, then they will go on and have a mini run winning all the rest of there games.  if we draw then they need a good talking to because two games left and they have it all to play for. If we lose then I think our players will just think F it and admit total defeat which is not what they need to be thinking so long as theres a chance left to take us out of the bottom three.

Let's hope our players show up and dont play like they did against Palace but even better, we need our lads thinking they can go better than the palace game.

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Feck me i never saw this coming. Ffs villa had we held on we could have bloody do it.

We really are our own worat enemies ffs

Could do it just by beating West Ham if we get really lucky...

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Could do it just by beating West Ham if we get really lucky...

We're more likely to beat Arsenal 3-0 and the lose to West Ham with their sandals on 3-0.

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

We're more likely to beat Arsenal 3-0 and the lose to West Ham with their sandals on 3-0.

It's the battle of "The most Arsenal thing to do" VS " The most Villa thing to do".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's the battle of "The most Arsenal thing to do" VS " The most Villa thing to do".

Alongside a David Luiz red card for Arse and an out of form striker scoring against us.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Alongside a David Luiz red card for Arse and an out of form striker scoring against us.

Yep that's always the standard 'oh great finish v Villa from Barry Nogoals there, first goal for 26 months'. Either that or some 17 year old lil shit on his debut