Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Wes Morgan looks about 20 stone out there, bless him.

Is this Leicester bottling worse than us in 08/09? They must've been about 15 points ahead of Man. United in December/January.

At least their fans had the whole miracle league win four years ago otherwise this would hurt a huge amount more.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Seeing Southampton play and watching some of there players they have fantastic turning on the ball and can play really good in tight spaces.

They'll be top half next season provided they hang onto Ings. A very well coached team.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's it for Bournemouth  2 nill.

They still have an ok chance. Watford GD will probably get damaged. Any loss for us would make them with a better GD.

I’d very much prefer a win against Arsenal. It will release some pressure out of us. Then it would get any confidence away of Bournemouth and even Watford hopefully.

I’m more nervous now about Tuesday. Hopefully Man City do their job properly. 

• Like 1

Think what you like about Pearson, sacking him is a disgrace! Watford deserve to go down for being a joke of a club, and teach their owner a lesson..... There should be a law against sacking 3 managers in a season. Like the owner has to be the manager after the 3rd haha

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Only thing if Watford go down is their wolves lite setup with the Italian clubs means they'll be able to import some quality players

maybe but Udinese have had a crap season and Granada qualified for Europa League. Maybe will put eggs into Granada for the start

On 23/07/2019 at 14:23, omariqy said:

Heart says we will finish 10th and head says 16th. I think it will be a struggle though and maybe we will survive with a couple of games to go. Which, of course, I would take right now.

Was looking at what I predicted and I think we should have really survived with 2 games to go and with a crowd we might have done.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Was looking at what I predicted and I think we should have really survived with 2 games to go and with a crowd we might have done.

Probably would have drawn against Wolves. The atmosphere against Arsenal tomorrow would be electric if there was a crowd. Could probably lift us to another point.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Probably would have drawn against Wolves. The atmosphere against Arsenal tomorrow would be electric if there was a crowd. Could probably lift us to another point.

Or toxic

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Whilst Villa Park can get a bit toxic at times, the crowd do usually get behind the team when they need them most. 

Yeah, agreed. But a bad start and considering what's at stake you never know.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

True, a 4-0 down at half time with the players not looking up for it, wouldn’t be taken too kindly. 

Think even an early goal down and a bad miss might be enough.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, agreed. But a bad start and considering what's at stake you never know.

Nah I disagree. Remember the playoff semi against West Brom? That's what I'd imagine the atmosphere to be like. Even after that silly mistake from Whelan the crowd was right behind us.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Nah I disagree. Remember the playoff semi against West Brom? That's what I'd imagine the atmosphere to be like. Even after that silly mistake from Whelan the crowd was right behind us.

That was after a season where we had results going our way (sorta anyway) and where there was hope.  There was much more positivity and confidence among the players and fans.

This season is one defeat after another, us sitting in the relegation spot.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sne said:

That was after a season where we had results going our way (sorta anyway) and where there was hope.  There was much more positivity and confidence among the players and fans.

This season is one defeat after another, us sitting in the relegation spot.

I think you're right a heavy loss tonight would have definately turned the crowd on the team and DS after this seaon. Probably wouldn't even take a heavy loss just a lacklustre display.