Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

It's clear we're going to have to win at least one of our final 4 games. Plenty of hopeless teams have done that in the past so a win v Palace or West Ham and scramble two draws like we've down v Sheffield and Newcastle and we have a chance.

Not do it and it's an embarrasing relegation considering where we were in mid January.

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's clear we're going to have to win at least one of our final 4 games. Plenty of hopeless teams have done that in the past so a win v Palace or West Ham and scramble two draws like we've down v Sheffield and Newcastle and we have a chance.

Not do it and it's an embarrasing relegation considering where we were in mid January.

We were in the bottom 3 then? 

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think we’ll need to win 2 of our last 4, with a draw or two from the others. A big ask. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

We were in the bottom 3 then? 

Not after beating Watford on Jan 21st. Think we fell back into bottom 3 where we've stayed ever since after losing to Spurs last minute

Let's say Watford stay up on 31 points. Meant that after Watford game we had 14 chances to win 1 game and gain 3 draws (currently on 2 draws).

Which way it's spun not winning for over a third of a season is really really poor. In 15/16 we actually didn't win for our last 13 games so it would be even worse winless run than that season which you simply wouldn't believe is possible.

Still let's think positive. If we can scramble a win from somewhere I reckon we'll take it to the final day where anything is possible.

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think we’ll need to win 2 of our last 4, with a draw or two from the others. A big ask. 

Yeah think we're done if we need that. I am giving Watford 4 points from Norwich-Newcastle (of course they could get six but Steve Bruce needs as many good results as possible to have a chance of saving his job and you can see they're still motivated by how they're playing) and I don't see why it's unrealistic to think they've lose at home to Man. City, away to Arsenal and at West Ham who have been tough to beat at home under Moyes.

As much as we moan about the injuries this season Watford have really struggled to score since they lost Deulofeu in the Liverpool game.

Let’s hope arsenal have one eye on the fa cup semi when it comes to playing us, I’d imagine arteta would rest players as we play them 3 days after, let’s hope for extra time 

I'd say a win and a draw would hopefully deal survival, the problem with that is I dont bloody see where any points are coming from unless my view is changed on a win over liverpool.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I'd say a win and a draw would hopefully deal survival, the problem with that is I dont bloody see where any points are coming from unless my view is changed on a win over liverpool.

We have 3 good chances against an on the beach Palace, Everton who may well be on the beach if they don't get results in the next few and West Ham on the last day who could be safe. If we can get a point or 2 from Liverpool, United and Arsenal (who could be resting players), we're laughing.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We have 3 good chances against an on the beach Palace, Everton who may well be on the beach if they don't get results in the next few and West Ham on the last day who could be safe. If we can get a point or 2 from Liverpool, United and Arsenal (who could be resting players), we're laughing.

I still think the best way is to take it game by game. For us and teams around us.

Our agents actually doing us favors. Wolves (Adama), Palace (Ayew, Benteke), Newcastle (Bruce), Burnley (Westwood). We just have to hope that Newcastle and Burnley complete their favors. Then we do our business with Palace.

Let's see what will Newcastle do with West Ham. I'll be hoping for West Ham to lose as that is more likely than us getting something at Liverpool.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

yet he won 1 point vs the shitty Villa this season

Hate to break this to you but everything doesn't revolve around games against Villa.

Farke beat Man City in a one off game. Doesn't make him a better coach than Pep.

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The irony!! Don’t worry we all know it’s very unlikely we will get anything from tomorrows game so you can’t moan to your hearts content from 4:30pm tomorrow. 

Imagine if we get a point though. What will you do then?! Bet it doesn’t bear thinking about. 

I dont understand posts like this. We jave not a won game since January yet your saying people cant express their frustration at that?

I cant speak for everyone else but of course id be delighted with a point. Your end sentence is so bizarre your saying people wouldnt be happy with a draw away to liverpool 😂

I expect a loss but its the manner of the loss. If we go get thumped 6-0 then your telljng we should all be yay we tried everything will be ok?!

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we go get thumped 6-0 then your telljng we should all be yay we tried everything will be ok?!

Even worse if we do like the Chelsea game and don't even try to attack.

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont understand posts like this. We jave not a won game since January yet your saying people cant express their frustration at that?

I cant speak for everyone else but of course id be delighted with a point. Your end sentence is so bizarre your saying people wouldnt be happy with a draw away to liverpool 😂

I expect a loss but its the manner of the loss. If we go get thumped 6-0 then your telljng we should all be yay we tried everything will be ok?!

I don’t think some people would be happy with a draw away because they moan so much what would they have to moan about if we draw??

Also where did I say people can’t express their frustration? Knock yourself out. Although you and your mate @villalad21are doing a great job of it already mate.  ;)

FWIW I cant see anything but a defeat today. We’re shit.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think some people would be happy with a draw away because they moan so much what would they have to moan about if we draw??

Also where did I say people can’t express their frustration? Knock yourself out. Although you and your mate @villalad21are doing a great job of it already mate. ;)

FWIW I cant see anything but a defeat today. We’re shit.

My mate 😂 not sure what earth your on about there.

So we agree then we are shit 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My mate 😂 not sure what earth your on about there.

So we agree then we are shit 

I never said we wernt shit. We’re awful. It’s the looking for every reason possible to have a dig at villa that gets tiring and winds me up.  Most of the time it’s when we’re not even playing. 

It’s not even you that does it mate. It’s your mate 😂 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

My issue is the belief that the teams around us who are every bit as shit as we are can do things that we can't 

They can win games, they can fight, they can have a go, they can score, they can create chances, they have better players, they have a better manager, they can can do this, they can do that... 

Its bollocks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

When you put it like that it sounds quite easy🤦‍♂️