Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if we concede 27 shots but win the games you won’t be happy? 

You do know games are judged on goals right? 

We're not exactly rocking it in the goal department since the break...

Keinan and Ally will fancy coming up against Van Dijk I would imagine...

I thought Liverpool losing to City would be good for us, as Liverpool would not press on for the record. However, Liverpool getting hammered by city could spell danger for us, as Liverpool will want to show they are better than that performance. I just hope we are aggressive from the onset, I think if we score early Liverpool may  relax and take it easy. But if we give Liverpool time to settle they could walk us

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We were nowhere near this bad against Chelsea. They're toying with Watford here. We need them to hammer that goal difference.

That's the odd thing with us. We rarely look really bad, or really shit, we just look sort of low on quality, with huff and puff that doesn't translate to anything and the few chance we do make we don't take. The difference is a lot of clubs like that steal some points they totally don't deserve over a season, whereas we are the opposite in that at the start when we were playing well we got none. 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 4

Removing the crowd from these games has had a massive impact IMHO - it's all understandable but it has warped things. No game this season has had any urgency in the first half, let alone these drink breaks stopping everything. I can't complain because we're all in the same boat, but at these times of maximum tension, with no crowd these relegation battles are just drained of importance and the players are all looking like their minds are on their next move and not on keeping their club up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

That's the odd thing with us. We rarely look really bad, or really shit, we just look sort of low on quality, with huff and puff that doesn't translate to anything and the few chance we do make we don't take. The difference is a lot of clubs like that steal some points they totally don't deserve over a season, whereas we are the opposite in that at the start when we were playing well we got none. 

Agree - we can't hold a lead - been a problem since day 1 of the season

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'm starting to think we could do this, everytime we blow it, other teams seem to as well, surely we are due a fluke/ good run of form? 

Maybe with no pressure on us to win the next few games we might get a surprise or 2.

You would think so but it just doesn't happen to us does it. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

Our 94th minute winner against them could still be huge. Without it we'd be 4 points off them.

Was this thinking the same thing could be massive come end of season.

29 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if we could only put in a cup final performance against Liverpool and then make the results around us count.

Instead of getting torn a a new assh*le by Liverpool annoyed at losing to Citeh.

You mean that cup final against Citeh where the game literally was played in our half ?