Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well the good news is I cant watch Villa in the Championship. So silver linings. 

Bizzare post...

i could never imagine being pleased at not being able to watch my team no matter what division they are in.

Just now, jim said:

It was over when we failed to beat those around us, just delaying  the inevitable now. 

Why? 6 games to go and Watford by us...to be defeated already is silly.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

West Ham were never going to and no one was expecting them to challenge top four.

I didn't say anyone was expecting it I said that was their "aim"; they made plenty of noise about it and spunked a shit load of cash on it, much like Everton. It's pretty hilarious they are were they are and it would have cushioned the blow significantly had they somehow dropped.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Because I know exactly how it will go, the same turgid crap we see every week.

We’ve got the English, European and World champions next. Smith will be shaking like a shitting dog waving his white flag.  

Did you predict a West Ham win today Nostradamus?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Because I know exactly how it will go, the same turgid crap we see every week.

We’ve got the English, European and World champions next. Smith will be shaking like a shitting dog waving his white flag.  

Who have nothing to play for now in the league, might put out some lesser players.

13 minutes ago, jim said:

But showing it when they need too. We are going down with a whimper.

Soft manager, soft team. 

Not being funny, but are you actually a Villa fan? Literally EVERY post you make is negative towards us. 

Depressing. 

UTV 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They've been bottling it all season lol, that's why they're down there with us. Up til this point we've been the best team of the bottom 5.

Bottling teams dont beat chelsea 3-2. We  actually were winning and collapsed again from a winning position.  Must be one of the biggest bottlers in the league the amount of leads we have thrown away.

• Like 1

Antonio so so good for West Ham tonight.

Always good on his own up front. Always a pain in the arse to mark. Intelligent, bullish hold-up play.

A real menace and perfect for a team down the bottom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

West Ham are only three points ahead of us. They beat Chelsea earlier in the season and didn't go on some amazing run after that.

It's teams getting wins do and pushing what we need to do and making that task harder.

Think we're done if Watford get a Liverpool style win but until they do there's still hope as they're only 1 point clear of us after all.

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our team aren’t bottlers. Nor do they lack fight. Nor are they negative. 

They just aren’t good enough. We don’t have very good players. 

Sorry mate but i cant disgaree more. How can u say they aint bottlers when you look at how many leads we have thrown away?

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ermmm yes West Ham won but we still have Watford in our sights, don’t give up too easily people.  Just because we are poor, so are they.

i don't think it was ever West Ham that we are aiming at Their run in is the easiest. Watford is the one we need to keep losing. Come on Newcastle

• Like 2

Just now, imavillan said:

Bizzare post...

i could never imagine being pleased at not being able to watch my team no matter what division they are in.

I have been on the Championship ride recently with Villa. I have no interest in the entertainment on offer down there, from other teams or us. You enjoy though, I am happy you can get some fun out of it.

16 minutes ago, useless said:

We now need six points from the next two or that's us relegated.

Well we don’t.

I would happily take a point or two points from the next two games. They aren’t the games we are going to be expecting to take points from.

Unfortunately it means relying on the teams around us losing. If West Ham lose their next two all is not lost.

The must win games are Crystal Palace, Everton and West Ham. Whether we need to win all of these will depend on the results of Watford, Bournemouth and West Ham.

If I’m being honest I can’t see us picking up 3 points in any of our remaining games, the quality is just not there in our side as we have known for a while now. Would love them to prove me wrong.

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

Us and Bournemouth are the only ones incapable of shock wins.

We roll over and have our bellies tickled.

Well I guess we’ll see over the next six games but I still think we’ll stay up.