Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Honestly at this point you can't make any predictions 

Liverpool away looks tough on paper but BCD , likely won the league what team or effort will they put out ?

Everton will have nothing to play for , could have players not wanting to play then the manager makes 5 subs in the game to see some of the youth players 

At any point you could have a game where the team loses players who test positive and that goes both ways , we get Jack , Targgett Nakamba all test positive before Palace suddenly that game looks very difficult 

In general there is no way of knowing how teams inc are selves will be effected by playing with no fans , teams not motivated , 5 subs etc  

and Derbies are always more like 50/50 than form

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We always beat the Blues...

Liverpool 90 % of the time beats Everton.

More like 50% but it's extremely rare that Everton wins these days. 

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We always beat the Blues...

Liverpool 90 % of the time beats Everton.

Did I say the Blues, I was talking about the Wolves game and typical derby it doesnt matter who are the stronger team at the time it can go either way on the day.  Obviously helps to be stronger but not always the deciding factor in a derby.

VillaWolves.JPG

19 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

If we continue on our past form not even confident winning a game to many bold predictions here. Smith needs alot of things to go right to turn it around even basic in football.

teams have runs of form both bad and good, especially at the bottom end of the table. After Southampton lost to Leicester 9-0 and how they were playing, people assumed they would end up bottom at the end of the season because they were awful.  Watford have been 20th for most of the season but they had a new manager bump but are now back to poor results.

Results change and you never know.  People are just basing it on how we finished before the lockdown.  We concede too many goals but we can pull results out of the bag, even recently like the win against Watford in the league and beating Leicester in the cup.  We have the ability to do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

teams have runs of form both bad and good, especially at the bottom end of the table. After Southampton lost to Leicester 9-0 and how they were playing, people assumed they would end up bottom at the end of the season because they were awful.  Watford have been 20th for most of the season but they had a new manager bump but are now back to poor results.

Results change and you never know.  People are just basing it on how we finished before the lockdown.  We concede too many goals but we can pull results out of the bag, even recently like the win against Watford in the league and beating Leicester in the cup.  We have the ability to do it.

But we've been conceding 20+ shots every game since the start of the season.

Always hard to get a solid run together when we concede so many chances per game.

Jack can win you a game single-handedly. If you keep it tight at the back it would give us a great chance. But sadly Dean doesn't seem to prioritize on this. 

Just out of interest what’s people’s view on the championship restarting this season ? I personally can’t see it happening given how many games in total would have to be played. My reason for asking this is that we could have a situation where the premier league is told it has to finish at all costs and relegation can’t be removed and then the championship is ended and potentially we have that decided in a points per game basis which could would leave teams in the premier league relegated having completed the leagues replaced by sides from the championship who didn’t and therefore got promoted without earning it over a full season. Also in that scenario it would I guess promote wba and Leeds but what do they do with the play offs ? Promote 3rd or only relegate 2 teams ? I feel the is still far more questions than answers 

I don't see the Championship restarting, just like I don't see the PL doing it, but at least with the PL there is a small risk due to the huge money involved.

But even if the leagues restart against all odds I see absolutely no risk of them being able to finish the seasons. Will be called off again before long.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't see the Championship restarting, just like I don't see the PL doing it, but at least with the PL there is a small risk due to the huge money involved.

But even if the leagues restart against all odds I see absolutely no risk of them being able to finish the seasons. Will be called off again before long.

When do you think football will return?

Just now, villalad21 said:

When do you think football will return?

In England?

I think they are desperate to get the PL finished for monetary reasons. They might even try, but likely fail in the summer.

Next season will likely start without fans towards the end of August - start of September but I'm honestly not sure that season will be able to run smoothly either.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

In England?

I think they are desperate to get the PL finished for monetary reasons. They might even try, but likely fail in the summer.

Next season will likely start without fans towards the end of August - start of September but I'm honestly not sure that season will be able to run smoothly either.

So August-September.

Seem really convenient for Villa fans to say void this season but to say start the next season as early as August.

Personally if we can't finish the games in June i'd still wait as late as August/September to get this season finished.

If it goes as far as December and we still can't play football then i would say we'd have to void it.

Just now, villalad21 said:

So August-September.

Seem really convenient for Villa fans to say void this season but to say start the next season as early as August.

Personally if we can't finish the games in June i'd still wait as late as August/September to get this season finished.

If it goes as far as December and we still can't play football then i would say we'd have to void it.

Huh?

This would only be an option if English clubs didn't compete in European competitions. 

I know brexit is a thing but the PL will not be allowed to send teams to the CL and Europe League 3 games into the group stages sometime in late September. This will have to be decided before the European cups start. And then it's the issue with player contracts.

You really have not thought this through have you? It's not all about Villa, there is a bigger world out there.

31 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just out of interest what’s people’s view on the championship restarting this season ? I personally can’t see it happening given how many games in total would have to be played. My reason for asking this is that we could have a situation where the premier league is told it has to finish at all costs and relegation can’t be removed and then the championship is ended and potentially we have that decided in a points per game basis which could would leave teams in the premier league relegated having completed the leagues replaced by sides from the championship who didn’t and therefore got promoted without earning it over a full season. Also in that scenario it would I guess promote wba and Leeds but what do they do with the play offs ? Promote 3rd or only relegate 2 teams ? I feel the is still far more questions than answers 

I always thought that the football league would be fairly agnostic about it as losing Leeds but gaining Villa is about the same in terms of away support to the other teams  and tv interest. 

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Huh?

This would only be an option if English clubs didn't compete in European competitions. 

I know brexit is a thing but the PL will not be allowed to send teams to the CL and Europe League 3 games into the group stages sometime in late September. This will have to be decided before the European cups start. And then it's the issue with player contracts.

You really have not thought this through have you? It's not all about Villa, there is a bigger world out there.

Would it? The season is almost done. It's just 10 additional games.

It's very doable. You don't have to scrap the European games.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Would it? The season is almost done. It's just 10 additional games.

It's very doable. You don't have to scrap the European games.

Just no.