Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If the season can’t finish then we should go the french way. Relegate the bottom 2 and promote Leeds and West Brom. 

What have Leeds or West Brom done to go automatically up, neither have guaranteed play off places yet never mind promotion. 

Leeds and Bielsa also have a reputation for choking which any good lawyer would be on

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I heard a French football reporter on TalkSport yesterday, and it’s in the French football rules that if this type of thing occurs then you award places as the table stands when football ceased playing. I think I’m right in saying that isn’t the case as we currently stand in this country, and so I don’t think we should get too carried away thinking that’ll set a precedent for us to be relegated. It’s also worth noting that the only clubs to have played a game less in Ligue 1 are PSG & Strasbourg, and neither of those teams winning a game in hand would alter the current league table significantly at all. Very, very different to the situation in English football. There is much more finance at stake in the English game. 

Strasbourg can technically qualify for Europe though beating PSG by 3 goals seems incredibly unlikely

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

What have Leeds or West Brom done to go automatically up, neither have guaranteed play off places yet never mind promotion. 

Leeds and Bielsa also have a reputation for choking which any good lawyer would be on

Don’t know anymore what is fair or not fair. Like you said before many people dying everyday none of it maters 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Or based on our how shit we were playing we’d have lost to Sheffield United and we wouldn’t even have the game on hand argument.

shhh...dont tell anyone...we need to keep the argument going that we have a game in hand. WE know we would've lost it but we dont want anyone else to know that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Mayor of Liverpool has called football returning a non starter because crowds will gather around Anfield. No surprise he has received abuse online for his opinion

He won’t be re-elected lol

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mayor of Liverpool has called football returning a non starter because crowds will gather around Anfield. No surprise he has received abuse online for his opinion

liverpool fans do hate it when people speak the truth

• Like 1

If we have to rely on having the league cancelled to stay up, I think its a sad day in our mental approach as a developing team trying to get back our dignity ( as much as I would take it).

They should be chomping at the bit to complete it, and go out and show their metal.....We have 10 games to show fight and we should relish that challenge.

We are Aston Villa, we don't want gifts or hand outs or hiding places......We will fight for what we get.

Edited by TRO

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well he wouldn't have said that had the mayoral elections happened this year.  I think he is an Evertonian.

@TRO But we have been used to many seasons of under-achievement and bad management and as a result our expectations are rightly very low.

This season I haven't enjoyed, every match I know we are going to concede goals and look like a bunch of naive schoolboys.

I'd be happy to have this season over and done with.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we have to rely on having the league cancelled to stay up, I think its a sad day in our mental approach as a developing team trying to get back our dignity ( as much as I would take it).

They should be chomping at the bit to complete it, and go out and show their metal.....We have 10 games to show fight and we should relish that challenge.

We are Aston Villa, we don't want gifts or hand outs or hiding places......We will fight for what we get.

Maybe the players are eager to finish the season. It's more the supporters who want the season cancelled, and you can't really blame them for that.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@TRO But we have been used to many seasons of under-achievement and bad management and as a result our expectations are rightly very low.

This season I haven't enjoyed, every match I know we are going to concede goals and look like a bunch of naive schoolboys.

I'd be happy to have this season over and done with.

I do get all that, but bad management will continue if we don't snap out of it......

We have to be defiant to low expectations, that does not mean getting depressed, when we fail....It means going again and being totally defiant of mediocrity.

Success harbours many tangible factors....but its a ruthless, single minded pursuit that get you there.....Success is mainly in the mind, if you think you can, you can..if you think you can't you can't.

Its not a case of criticising the club at every juncture......its more a case of driving them on to better things.

The crowd this year at home have created the noise of a Title chasing team.....That is exactly what the hierarchy need to drive their ambition for us , ON....Relentless Pursuit of excellence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Maybe the players are eager to finish the season. It's more the supporters who want the season cancelled, and you can't really blame them for that.

I can see both sides....sure the fans are nervous....but if we don't do it the right way, we will be here next year, is my point.

but I can also see the otherside of the lockdown......and I want us to show more fight to move away from the quicksand.

Just seen on sky they are determined to finish this season, yet anyone with a bit of sense would just cancel it now like they have done in France, Holland and Belgium, Just says it, that it’s all about money which I think most of us have already said

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Don’t know anymore what is fair or not fair. Like you said before many people dying everyday none of it maters 

Paul,Football is totally insignificant in comparison.

but for us in Lockdown, doing as we have been asked, we have to find some form of entertainment.

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen on sky they are determined to finish this season, yet anyone with a bit of sense would just cancel it now like they have done in France, Holland and Belgium, Just says it, that it’s all about money which I think most of us have already said

They are testing all the players in the Bundesliga now and expect to continue the season in May behind closed doors.

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I think we all know, its all about Money.

I also think even if they play it behind closed doors and broadcast it.....gatherings will form at Houses to create some Atmosphere. it could be just self defeating, just because the stadiums are empty, they haven't necessarily isolated the virus threat.

but in the pure sense of dignity, I hope the season is completed......but obviously that is miniscule v saving lives.