Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

23 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I still think Newcastle will go down. 

Every time I’ve seen them they look awful. I know they’ve picked up a few results recently, but I think they are about to sink like a stone. 

They’ve had 4 injuries today apparently and already missing a few. 

They’ve got Wolves, Chelsea and Everton in Jan - can’t see them picking anything up there. 

Bournemouth look like this could be one season too many as well and I’m not convinced Southampton are up to it either

Don’t think any of them will get much backing in Jan, so if we can improve our squad, I’m sure we’ll have enough. 

So do I. I think Newcastle have been over-performing now for a couple of weeks and have gotten a couple of lucky breaks with close wins. I think they have a pretty poor squad, they lack goals and that will likely come back to haunt them. With them having a lot of injuries and a tough set of fixtures coming up it is looking grim for them.

Bournemouth is also looking like they are in a bad spiral.

Southampton are on fire atm as well so I guess we'll have to wait and see if they can keep this up (I have my doubts).

All in all it really is up to us though to capitalize and I wouldn't be totally unhappy if we could lose a little less and get some draws on the board. It really has been all or nothing for us this whole season so far.

• Like 1

Bournemouth taking a beating is helpful although they have an easy run of fixtures coming up, which will help them or the teams around us. West Ham themselves have some very tough fixtures coming up. 

Ultimately we have to do it ourselves. Having on paper the easier away fixtures to come and the tougher home ones, with some exceptions could help us, as I believe we can win another 4 at home minimum and 2/3 away, which should be enough to get us over the line, as we don’t seem to get many draws.

• Like 1

As bad as the Southampton and Watford losses were, those 2 teams are now 2nd and 6th in the form table respectively and the former in particular have since dispatched Chelsea and Spurs. We played them at a very bad time. 

• Like 3

Somebody mentioned that you should look at the form table just as much as teams current position when gaging their strength.  I agree.

Everybody was understandably upset by the way we lost to Watford and Southampton who were both behind us in the table at the team but both teams are at the upper end in the form table now.  I reckon they’ll both probably stay up as well. 

There will be plenty more twists from now until the end of the season. I just wonder how much losing Heaton will affect us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

As bad as the Southampton and Watford losses were, those 2 teams are now 2nd and 6th in the form table respectively and the former in particular have since dispatched Chelsea and Spurs. We played them at a very bad time. 

I wrote my post before reading this. Strange.

We now have two cup games and Man City which is likely to be a loss - so we have 17 days to figure out what’s going on with strikers/goalkeepers before we go out and hopefully beat Brighton and Watford. 

On Bournemouth - imagine if we had lost 4-0 today to a relegation rival and slid into the relegation zone (ie similar to Southampton beating us so comprehensively without us having a quick chance to bounce back with today’s game). There will be some nerves down there tonight.

41 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That kind of thoughtful rational thinking will never catch on.

Dont you realise we are uniquely weak minded and poorly led ? 

Nothing to do with fluctuations in an incredibly competitive league.

• Like 2

There's a good chance we're going to need a result against City to say out of the bottom three, because Watford and Bournemouth play each other, a draw in that game would help us out as that would mean if we could have avoid losing against City by more than two goals then we'd stay out of the bottom three by virtue of the fact that we've scored more goals than Bournemouth. But if either of those sides win that game, then we'd need to beat City, I think we might get a result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

It’s almost as if it’s fine margins rather than glaring inadequacies isn’t it ?

There has certainly been an element of fine margins so far this season, normally to do with VAR and how many times it has **** us over.

I hope Watford have had their little run now before falling apart again but I doubt it, I hate the bellend but Deeney coming back has made them look a different team. We have to now try and drag West Ham/Burnley/Brighton into the shit as well

As good as Watford's revival has been they've also been helped out a lot by three very poor performances by ourselves, Wolves and Manchester United. Two of their next three are away from home against us and Bournemouth, and their home game is against Tottenham who haven't been doing us any favours this season, but they'd still be favorites for that game. Not out of the question that they could come out of the next three without any points, although I hope they get one and no more than that against Bournemouth.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Bournemouth will be in it this season, been neglected a little bit by the owners, should be a good midtable club by now.

tbf they are already in it

• Like 2