Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, sne said:

Cant be long before we see the return of the sulky emo Mourinho.

This current version is already on borrowed time.

Maybe we can get a result against them In a few weeks time, they have looked poor all season even with Mourinho there. That said they will probably buy their way out of any trouble.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Wolves want the Villa down. No surprises there. Can't be expecting favors from those.

The fans do. Pretty sure their Portugese, Spanish and South American players would rather pick up things like win bonuses than give a shit about whether or not we stay in the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

with all the revenues in the betting industry it isn't hard to become a little conspiring.

absolutely, can imagine cgi being used to fake VAR images, wonder if Tom Hanks can get someone in who can fudge some for us

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The game is probably already corrupt, VAR will just make it easier for the BIG to become BIGGER, as in any business

Once liverpool have won the title they will scrap it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Surely if it's a card it should have been a red there for the Watford player.

Edit: Yeah VAR changed it, actually worked as intended there 

Edited by sne

What I don't get - isn't only to be used where there is a clear and obvious error ? - With my neutral head on - that offside against Wesley was no more conclusive on slow mo - than in real time. If its inconclusive go with the original decision. The rules on how it applies seem to be in a constant state of flux - I heard a pundit on the radio say thay are only supposed to look at some many camera angles ? - I mean WTF.

The lesson to be learned is the slow mo replay isn't the gold standard that we once thought.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

What I don't get - isn't only to be used where there is a clear and obvious error ? - With my neutral head on - that offside against Wesley was no more conclusive on slow mo - than in real time. If its inconclusive go with the original decision. The rules on how it applies seem to be in a constant state of flux - I heard a pundit on the radio say thay are only supposed to look at some many camera angles ? - I mean WTF.

The lesson to be learned is the slow mo replay isn't the gold standard that we once thought.

Offsides don't go with the clear and obvious error thing. Var just decides whether he's offside or not, doesn't take into account whether its a clear and obvious error or not. Same thing goes for handballs leading up to goal.

Edited by Laughable Chimp