Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Deli Alli is playing so poor. this spurs team don't look like they have a lot of fight in them right now.

They'll be forced to play with Son as striker now if Kane is out unless they want to field that 17 y.o kid Parrot.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

They'll be forced to play with Son as striker now if Kane is out unless they want to field that 17 y.o kid Parrot.

which isn't a bad option to be fair. Son is a very good player and has goals in him.

Just now, osmark86 said:

which isn't a bad option to be fair. Son is a very good player and has goals in him.

Absolutely, but it's not his ideal position, they really should have more striker options for a club playing in Europe and in multiple domestic competitions.

Just now, sne said:

Absolutely, but it's not his ideal position, they really should have more striker options for a club playing in Europe and in multiple domestic competitions.

yup they're very thin up top just like us.

Just now, useless said:

We're having so much bad luck with the form of others teams, with 21 points after 21 games last season we'd be 5 points clear of the relegation zone.

this season seems a lot more even across the board with the very top excluded. it is up to us to do what we have to do and I don't think we can expect a lot of favors from the teams around us.

Must admit my hopes for survival have backfired - I thought we could cope with injuries , where as some of the other clubs wouldn't be able to. But we have been walloped by injuries to the worse possible players - and the players who have stepped into the team havn't done great - at least not on a regular basis.

Ideally we get something against City but I can’t see it. Winnable fixtures after that though. Hopefully get a few players in before Brighton. Chances are we will be in the bottom three again soon. We really need to win against the so called big 6. Overdue a result.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

this season seems a lot more even across the board with the very top excluded. it is up to us to do what we have to do and I don't think we can expect a lot of favors from the teams around us.

It looks like injuries will be key. You could see today how big a miss mings has been.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Ideally we get something against City but I can’t see it. Winnable fixtures after that though. Hopefully get a few players in before Brighton. Chances are we will be in the bottom three again soon. We really need to win against the so called big 6. Overdue a result.

considering how thin we are getting in terms of injuries to key players I'm not hoping for much against citeh.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

We're having so much bad luck with the form of others teams, with 21 points after 21 games last season we'd be 5 points clear of the relegation zone.

You make your own luck. We must get results against the better teams this season as everyone else is doing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim said:

You make your own luck. We must get results against the better teams this season as everyone else is doing. 

Yep I don't even look at other team results. Just focus on our results and performances.  Last 2 seasons 35 points was enough for safety. It's looking like it's going to be at least 40 this time. So that's 5 more wins and 4 draws out of the next 17. Doable but no easy task. Really hope mcginn doesn't have any setbacks in his recovery. Have to get this window right. 

Looking like Norwich will drop and two others. Some teams alarmingly dropping in form (Bournemouth) and there is always that one that will be dragged in. We need to pick up points against Spurs as they aren’t great this season or even City. A lot of teams around us are beating the so called big teams and we haven’t won against one which is really poor.