Away to Leicester

Away to Liverpool

Home to Chelsea

Away to Man. United

Home to Arsenal

Home to Burnley

Away to Newcastle

Away to Man. City

If we beat Newcastle we're above Everton and really we should stay above them up to middle of January looking at what they have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton's run up to New years day.

Away to Leicester

Away to Liverpool

Home to Chelsea

Away to Man. United

Home to Arsenal

Home to Burnley

Away to Newcastle

Away to Man. City

If we beat Newcastle we're above Everton and really we should stay above them up to middle of January looking at what they have.

Yeah but they will most likely sack Silva very soon and get that new manager bounce effect.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton's run up to New years day.

Away to Leicester

Away to Liverpool

Home to Chelsea

Away to Man. United

Home to Arsenal

Home to Burnley

Away to Newcastle

Away to Man. City

We could well do, but you are ignoring the other teams below us and we have a tough run of games ourselves.

We are currently 3 points above last place. Monday is massive!

• Like 1

There's a poll on an Everton forum posted after today's game asking if Silva should be sacked, of the 337 who've voted 308 of them have said yes. There seems to be a lot of talk of Moyes gong back there as well, which would surprise me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

We could well do, but you are ignoring the other teams below us and we have a tough run of games ourselves.

Time for players to find themselves against Newcastle,  they need to beat them in style, most importantly we need something to go into the game after Newcastle and say we can do this again.

8 minutes ago, jim said:

Well I'm factoring in beating Newcastle and being above them on Monday. Otherwise we'd then need to beat one of Man. United, Chelsea or Leicester which feels unlikely based on current form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yep,  but we gotta hope we actually beat the teams around us enough that it makes up for the fact that we don't win against the big clubs when other clubs around us do. Its not as if we've been beating all the teams around us, and its not like other teams around us haven't been doing so either. Points are points in the end so its not as if their wins on the big clubs are meaningless.

They are not meaningless games. I just don’t care how other teams have done against so called big teams. I care about villa staying up. Don’t care how they do it. The OP just  felt like another negative stat to beat us with. 

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

A gap is already starting to form. Even if we win we'll still be in the bottom 5.

Man that's depressing stuff.

We had that gap before Everton  game. Then again before Norwich. It was actually worse by then. Look where were Newcastle, and where are they now.

Realistically, if we win against Newcastle, we could afford to lose the next 3 or get 1 point, and still be in a reasonable position.

The results weren't that bad. The only one who won were Norwich, who's the worst team down there. Everton losing could be very  good. Them and  West Ham could get dragged and actually be down there  by new year. Same  goes with Crystal Palace.

If we beat   Newcastle, we  can't make    them  outside of the  equation.

In reality, Newcastle and Palace are still in the race. Even Bournemouth  and Brighton could back down. Same goes with Sheffield (potentially).

Winning against Newcastle will make Everton and West Ham in a direct race with the bottom 3. I don't think Norwich have more than the odd result. Soton and Watford could be a different story. The good thing we're 3 points above of them with a game on hand.

The only teams you could see them out of the relegation battle apart from the regular top 6 are:

Leicester, Wolves, somehow Burnley.

4 hours ago, useless said:

There's a poll on an Everton forum posted after today's game asking if Silva should be sacked, of the 337 who've voted 308 of them have said yes. There seems to be a lot of talk of Moyes gong back there as well, which would surprise me.

Oh I really hope so. That would send them down.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Having Gueye's replacement, Jean-Philippe Gbamin injured as soon as the season started has likely hurt Everton a lot.

He's expected to be out until February and will need even more time to be up to speed. Massive loss for them.

• Like 1