Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course it does. A 1-0 goal is never secure. If it was whenever a team took a lead they would win the game! 

Losing 3-2 at home when 2-0 up and in complete control is worse than all the games that we’ve thrown away  the lead in my opinion.  Especially against a team as bad as this Man U one.

No just that weve lost to 10 man teams with the inability to close out games, it shows  one way or another of how weve done just as bad.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sheff United deserve at least a point. But looked handball. Fair play to them for coming back in to it. Never give up attitude. 

Yep in all our comeback disaster defeats to Man. United we still had time to actually get an equaliser.

Can still remember the Fonz messing up a really good counter attack in injury time in the 2-2 in 2010 a game we really should've won.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was but it was 11 v 11 really. They had the ref on their side. 

Lets not make excuses for our lads please, we lost hard at times when we should of won, despite playing great at times we should of when we had chance to is shown what we were about. Id say the one excuse compare to utd are that were a work in progress trying to get rid of the kinks.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Lets not make excuses for our lads please, we lost hard at times when we should of won, despite playing great at times we should of when we had chance to is shown what we were about. Id say the one excuse compare to utd are that were a work in progress trying to get rid of the kinks.

Fair enough. Win tomorrow and we’ll be 4 points behind the great Sheff United so hopefully we can all be happier then :)

A draw is what was deserved, both had the nerve to comeback, take the lead and both lacked the attention to keep the lead while closing that game out.

The younglins of Man U helped them bring that back I think.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Win tomorrow and we’ll be 4 points behind the great Sheff United so hopefully we can all be happier then :)

Yes hopefully we can put on a display that resembles Sheff U's first half or better. I'm sure they're getting themselves ready.

We do need a win now to bounce on up this league abit, I've a feeling all season it's going to be tight and see about 5-8 teams fighting off relegation not a few like it usually is. Seems to me this season is like the championship crazyness we thought we'd left behind.

• Like 2

Was hoping that Sheffied United would lose just to give us the chance to close the gap to three points off them with a win tomorrow, but looking at their fixtures they've got Newcastle and Norwich coming up, so we'll probably be wanting them to win those games anyway.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Was hoping that Sheffied United would lose just to give us the chance to close the gap to three points off them with a win tomorrow, but looking at their fixtures they've got Newcastle and Norwich coming up, so we'll probably be wanting them to win those games anyway.

In their next six games they play us, Watford, Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton. Way they're playing they'll be expecting to win or draw all of those.

I personally think they'll be on 40 points by start of April and safe although in the past we have had likes of Blackpool and Hull have similar great starts and then barely win a game after xmas.

Now interested in what Everton or West Ham do in next few weeks as both have nightmare run of games on paper, new managers or not.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Man. United play o.k for five minutes and score 3 goals against best defence in the country.

Really should've put a bet on, I could see this coming as soon as they scored the first and Sheffield United started getting nervous.

You would have lost that bet then ;):rolleyes:

• Like 1

Very impressed with Sheffield Utd for 75 mins their movement ,passing and energy.

Very similar to us in that they played well dominated most of the game but almost lost.

Wonder if they are going to be able to maintain those energy levels for whole season.This league has shown us that if you have a spell of 10 mins where you drop off the pace you can lose the game.

I hope Fred and Phil Jones are playing against us next week.