Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, sne said:

Having Gueye's replacement, Jean-Philippe Gbamin injured as soon as the season started has likely hurt Everton a lot.

He's expected to be out until February and will need even more time to be up to speed. Massive loss for them.

Is he any good? Can't remember if I ever watched him play in France.

Yes not replacing Zouma was odd as all they have as options at CB are Keane, Mina and Holgate which isn't really a clean sheet machine. And also still have Calvert Lewin as regular striker who dosen't score much.

They seem to spend endless amounts on central midfielders every summer. I could understand them signing Andre Gomes full time but did they really need Delph? Guy's won trophies at Man. City so I'd question his motivation now and he also picks up injuries.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United undefeated in the last 5 pl games. Impressive.

Before we hit Man. City-Liverpool we'd actually only lost 1 out of five games (and we should never have lost that Arsenal game given their level this season).

Sheffield United doing very well but then I had a hunch they'd stay up in August, people underestimate the togetherness and confidence in formations with percieved limited teams sometimes.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he any good? Can't remember if I ever watched him play in France.

Never watched him at Lens but he had solid seasons at Mainz over the last few years

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United winning. They are crazy good

Ye its annoying isn't it. In relation to Villa's position, not them beating Man u, Arsenal etc. That's great.

Could have done with them being on 4 points and useless. 

But we've known from the start that us staying up will be down to us.

United have been dreadful so far, but when we play them they'll suddenly be at their best. Some of that might be down to us, it seems we have a mental block against the big clubs, from fans tthrough to the the team. Need to change our attitude, and if we do lose games allow ourselves to be disappointed rather just passively accepting every defeat and coming up with excuses.

• Like 2

Shef utd once again dispelling the myth you need world class players to play attractive football in this league.

• Like 2

Sheff utd are playing amazing, can clearly see what we are not doing but thats for clear and obvious reason like wilder has built that team up from seasons of time and patience. There is much refinement and time gone into there team and Chris is proof that it's worth staying with a new Coach/manager regardless of what happens.

S.U. are miles ahead of M.U. The way they just close Man Utd out with at least two guys, we as a team don't seem to do that and that maybe part of our problem. Another is our wingers are not finding those gaps like Sheff Utd wingers are, there some real quality in how they mange to find that space.

We need to find our groove now because I must admit Sheff Utd look absoloute dangerous, like they are a top 8 prem side, well built and hungry they are.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Man. United with just one shot on target today, Sheffield had six.

Bar the opening day when Chelsea were still a bit naive they never look like scoring much unless they're playing a bottom six standard team.

This season in league and cup they've only scored more than one goal in five games.

Next week we need to go there and defend deep but also make sure we have enough pace for the counter attack. Just going there and playing our normal game with little regard for what they do is going to end as well as the vast majority of our games in last 20 years.

Said it at the time of his sacking, but I think it would be gross negligence for Man U to not swoop for Pochettino.

EDIT: Hopefully they do this afteR we hand them the defeat which breaks the camels back. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1