Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

McGinn goal was the correct decision. Hourihane was offside.

And encroaching for the Arsenal penalty that is indisputable, plus the penalty decision itself was questionable if I recall correctly but possibly subjective.

Norwich should be 4 down this half, Krul saved two pens.

Their defensive "structure" is a shambles.

Current stats anyway:

Shots on target Norwich 1 Man. United 8

Corners Norwich 1 Man. United 7

Edited by VillaChris

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Norwich should be 4 down this half, Krul saved two pens.

Their defensive "structure" is a shambles.

Current stats anyway:

Shots on target Norwich 1 Man. United 8

Corners Norwich 1 Man. United 7

This brings me back to what Purslow said.

The owners invested so much because they want us to be able to be competitive.

Norwich simply can't compete with the squad they got.

They spent next to nothing and they are paying for it.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Back to reality....

We have played 4 games against Teams in the bottom half of the table.

Weve Won 3, Drawn 1.

Scored 11, Conceeded 4.

Where it matters we are doing exceptionally well.

100% 

I hate seeing us lose any game, but defeat away at City is not going to define our season. 

As for being thrashed yesterday, bloody hell. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We really did give Spurs too much respect on that opening fixture.

They were there for the taking.

They drew 2-2 with Arsenal and Man. City in their next 3 games. Also beat Palace 4-0 at home in I think their fourth game.

Wheels only really come off since they lost to Colchester in the cup.

Overall  not that bad a weekend then outside of our game, Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich and Watford all had home games, none of them won.

Worry is Grealish injury, that could really knock us back if he's out for a while and suddenly make winnable games like Wolves and Newcastle instead have us just scrambling around for goals.

I think everyone apart from top 6 + Leicester results are relevant to us a way or another.

The likes of Bournemouth looked as if they're out of the relegation battle, but they're drawing to teams around there and suddenly are only two points from us.

I don't think these teams will be poor as Norwich (still doubtful with Watford as a win could see them above Norwich then who knows).

Southampton are poor, but they're getting results here and there. Same goes with Newcastle.

I think Norwich are the worst team around, and they're the first candidate of relegation.

Although I think we'll get something out of Liverpool, but even if we didn't:

City Vs Southampton

Watford Vs Chelsea

West Ham Vs Newcastle

Brighton Vs Norwich (a draw here would be perfect)

Arsenal Vs Wolves (well no one could depend on Arsenal)

Bournemouth Vs Man Utd (keeping Bournemouth in distance could be helpful despite them having some quality)

Everton Vs Spurs (Well, Spuds can't keep bottling it every week, can they?)

Sheff Utd Vs Burnley (a draw written all over it)

Even Palace games could get important potentially. The league is to tight at the moment, Although not all of these team will be around relegation, but as I used to say last season during our promotion run, that keeping a lot of teams in distance and take over them in terms of places will only make you better and give more confidence.

I'm really not concerned with relegation. Think outside the best 7 or 8 teams we are as good as anyone (or better), we also have a good team spirit and lots of hardworking and hungry players. Just curious about how high we can finish.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I'm really not concerned with relegation. Think outside the best 7 or 8 teams we are as good as anyone (or better), we also have a good team spirit and lots of hardworking and hungry players. Just curious about how high we can finish.

And a good manager too imo. I think we will finish around 12th which is a fantastic achievement. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain we'll be in the relegation scrap all the way into May.

Mainly because it will be just that tight between the last 10 or so teams.

Might be some team that gets left behind and another one who outperforms expectations. But on the whole it won't be many points separating mid table and relegation.

If we can add that final quality in January on the flank or up front we might be safe-ish.

But then again that goes for 10 more teams in the league.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm pretty certain we'll be in the relegation scrap all the way into May.

Mainly because it will be just that tight between the last 10 or so teams.

Might be some team that gets left behind and another one who outperforms expectations. But on the whole it won't be many points separating mid table and relegation.

If we can add that final quality in January on the flank or up front we might be safe-ish.

But then again that goes for 10 more teams in the league.

If we don't find a solution to the Wesley problem in January we will be in the bottom 5 for most of the season.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we don't find a solution to the Wesley problem in January we will be in the bottom 5 for most of the season.

Rather than "the Wesley problem" I'd put it as the centre forward problem, but you're right, I think. He's had maybe 3 good games and 7 bad games, I reckon. In his good games he's looked more likely to score than Kienan ever does, but in his bad games he's completely ineffective, whereas Kienan contributes every time he plays. The mix we've got of one forward who almost never scores or another who mostly is a passenger means we've not much of a threat up front - it's all on the midfield and wide players, and teams will soon put a stop to that unless we can get more of a threat up front. Kodj could perhaps be an option, but he's been injured and may well be sold in January.

• Like 2