Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

McGinn goal was the correct decision. Hourihane was offside.

Also, I don't like it when people include the 'Billing vs Bournemouth' decision. I don't think VAR can tell an official to give a yellow card (which in this case would have resulted in his sending off). I'd rather people just include the actual valid ones that have actually cost us goals or penalties.

• Like 3

Just now, Rob182 said:

Also, I don't like it when people include the 'Billing vs Bournemouth' decision. I don't think VAR can tell an official to give a yellow card (which in this case would have resulted in his sending off). I'd rather people just include the actual valid ones that have actually cost us goals or penalties.

Yeah, it's not like there's a dearth of those.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Must be nearly some kind of record that our 10 Premier League games thus far have involved 5 red cards yes? (Trez v Palace, West Ham, Arsenal, Brighton & Man City).

I think we’ll see more. Recently we’ve been forcing teams to get red cards, although we still don’t capitalize them.

In particular, Grealish and McGinn. We aren’t benefiting from red cards nor even free kicks, but we’ll eventually do hopefully.

37 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Must be nearly some kind of record that our 10 Premier League games thus far have involved 5 red cards yes? (Trez v Palace, West Ham, Arsenal, Brighton & Man City).

All 2 yellows as well. How many were for fouls on Jack and do you reckon refs are stricter in this league? 

I think like last season Jack is still the most fouled player in the league and the 3rd most fouled in Europe according to WhoScored but he is not getting hacked all over the place like he was in the Championship.

Rival games this weekend:

Southampton away to Man. City

Watford home to Chelsea

Newcastle away to West Ham

Norwich away to Brighton

Everton home to Spurs

Wolves away to Arsenal

Got a weird feeling Watford will get something v Chelsea, hopefully just a point. Would say though there's a pretty good chance none of the teams below or just above us will win although Wolves will fancy themselves at the Emirates with state they're in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Rival games this weekend:

Southampton away to Man. City

Watford home to Chelsea

Newcastle away to West Ham

Norwich away to Brighton

Everton home to Spurs

Wolves away to Arsenal

Got a weird feeling Watford will get something v Chelsea, hopefully just a point. Would say though there's a pretty good chance none of the teams below or just above us will win although Wolves will fancy themselves at the Emirates with state they're in.

Hopefully we get a favourable set of results, and can keep daylight between us and the bottom 3, if we lose to Liverpool.

Looking forward to tomorrow. First home game where I feel I might be able to judge where the team really is/could be. Other games I've made it to have felt like they've been ruined by red cards or VAR. Difficult to gauge where some of our players are against the likes of Burnley. Hope we are harder to play through than Brighton game and the resting of first teamers in the week has refreshed them. If Jack is fit....might give them a game at least. It's the hope that kills ya!🙄

Come the end of the season Manchester U will finish comfortably ahead of them. I'm not that bothered about the result, but have preference for Bournemouth losing as i feel we need to keep as many teams as close to us as possible.