Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m starting to worry about how “unlucky” we constantly are. As they say, you make your own luck. We really need to start killing off teams or we could get relegated by the back door, despite playing well and having a decent squad. 

We rarely lose to the teams around us though. Our record against our rivals this season.

P7 W3 D2 L2

PTS 11 GF 14 GA 6 GD +8

Don't have much to worry about imo.

• Like 2

We'll be fine. The aim this season is 17th of above. We've got enough quality to achieve that.

If we can add another 5 or 6 quality players to our squad next season, we can then start to think about top 10 etc.

Our squad is painfully thin of quality. 

Shows what a pathetic bunch of miserably inadequate losers we've become, happy to be one of the worst teams in the league as long as we aren't relegated, making excuses for every defeat. I think we can do much better and finish mid table.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Shows what a pathetic bunch of miserably inadequate losers we've become, happy to be one of the worst teams in the league as long as we aren't relegated, making excuses for every defeat. I think we can do much better and finish mid table.

Get a grip. We are newly promoted, we had to build a new team, we have to buy carefully due to financial "fair" play, this isn't the 1980s.

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Way league is shaping up we could finish 2 points clear of relegation and be 11th or 12th.

That is mid table I take it, I'd class 7th as a very very good season especially if europa goes down to it.

• Like 1

I've seen enough from the manager (more than enough actually) and the players to give me confidence that we will stay up.

Next two games Wolves and Newcastle we should hoping for at least four points from those two games, can start to be having more believe now that we can beat teams, rather than dismissing our chances against everyone.

53 minutes ago, useless said:

We've just got promoted. We need to build a squad and these things take time. Your expectations are ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I'm bloody proud of my team 💪

Me too. Great effort today. 

Although after reading this thread and realising we spent more than Real Madrid in the summer I'm now disgusting we didn't win 8-0 😋

That was a light hearted comment, in a similair vein to number of other posts in that thread predicting we'd finish an unrealistically high position. I've said many times if we finish the season in seventeenth that will do. But in the meantime we can still aim to do better than that.

Edited by useless

On 10/08/2019 at 09:05, useless said:

Norwich finished eighteen points above us last season, when Smith was appointed they were only three points ahead of us, if we finish above them this season it will mean we will have had to have had one hell of a really great transfer window. Wouldn't rule us out finishing much higher, but would probably take seventeenth now and League Cup and FA Cup double.