Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Looking at the coming fixtures for the current bottom three and there's a lot of scope for them to pick up a decent amount of points.

Southampton play Everton (h), Arsenal (a), Watford (h), Norwich (a), Newcastle (a), and West Ham (h)...

Norwich play Watford (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), Southampton (a), Sheffield United (h), and Leicester (a),

And Watford play Norwich (a), Burnley (h), Southampton (a), Leicester (a), Palace (h), and Liverpool (a).

A lot of them playing each other, not sure if that's a bad or good thing for us

Edited by useless

Good lad Tammy as ever.

Watford have real trouble scoring goals at home, fired blanks v Brighton, Bournemouth and Sheffield United so fire so good Chelsea got an early one.

Norwich-Watford next Friday. Already has the feel of the loser is going to find it very tough to stay up given we'll be over a third of the season.

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Next 5 games are brutal.

Wolves(a)

Newcastle (h)

Man United (a)

Chelsea (a)

Leicester (h)

Don't think they're that bad. 

Wolves, Newcastle and United are all very winnable games. 2 after are tough 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Looking at the coming fixtures for the current bottom three and there's a lot of scope for them to pick up a decent amount of points.

Southampton play Everton (h), Arsenal (a), Watford (h), Norwich (a), Newcastle (a), and West Ham (h)...

Norwich play Watford (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), Southampton (a), Sheffield United (a), and Leicester (a),

And Watford play Norwich (a), Burnley (h), Southampton (a), Leicester (a), Palace (h), and Liverpool (a).

A lot of them playing each other, not sure if that's a bad or good thing for us

Norwich have 1 point away from home all season so not sure 4 aways out of six is good news for them! Do they really play 3 aways in a row? Think Watford at home is massive, three points could get them going again.

BTW shouldn't Everton be included in this. Need to beat Spurs at home to go above us and pretty sure from December they've got a nightmare run of games up to new year. I'm not saying they're going down but could easily be a team that is in the thick of things with five games left which has happened to them in previous years.

Edit: Just seen you only included bottom 3 so fair enough.

Edited by VillaChris

They dont't play three games away, the game against Sheffield United is at home. Sheffield United themselves have some tough fixtures coming up, all it takes is a few bad results and they could be dragged right back into it.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, useless said:

They dont't play three games away, the game against Sheffield United is at home. Sheffield United themselves have some tough fixtures coming up, all it takes is a few bad results and they could be dragged right back into it.

That's happening to Burnley now. Team I still suspect will grind and timewaste their way to 40 points in the manner of a Stoke from years gone by but they're shipping a few goals again and this time don't have Tom Heaton to put in goal to steady things like last season.

I'll say with confidence that we aren't going down. Been a match for every single team we've played so far and seen more than enough from the performances to show we'll be just fine.

Table might not show it now but I think we're better than multiple sides in this league. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I'll say with confidence that we aren't going down. Been a match for every single team we've played so far and seen more than enough from the performances to show we'll be just fine.

Table might not show it now but I think we're better than multiple sides in this league. 

Agree.

There are probably 8 sides clearly better than us.. there are 3 clearly worse.

I think we have shown enough for us fans to be confident that we are at least a match for the other 8.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sheffield United on 16 pts. Unreal.

They are a fully formed team, well coached, well organised and very effective in their style of play. Moreover, they've been growing tighter as a unit for some years, so in that sense what they are showing now is not all that surprising. We are further back in our evolution, so deserve to be behind them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We're just naive at times and that is a quality that gets exploited by the better teams at any level. Frustrating but if we can establish ourselves over next few seasons we should then start buying players who've been there and done it and have top level menality. When we have a side with 4-5 of them in the 11 then we can hold onto these promising positions we have v top 6.

At the moment we're a solid mid level team. Generally lose the games we're expected and pick up points in majority of games we're expected. Look fine in defence and attack without every looking terrible or brilliant.

Plenty to build on and think vast majority would've taken it in August.

• Like 1

Watford 2 down so another winless home one for them.

They need to win 10 games to have realistic shot of staying up. Only 27 left when this one finishes so if they don't win before December they'll pretty much already be at 50% winng ratio for rest of the season. It's pretty much like us in 15/16 and everyone knew we were down by the middle of November that season. Even when we did win the odd game after xmas we were still miles adrift of 17th.

I’m starting to worry about how “unlucky” we constantly are. As they say, you make your own luck. We really need to start killing off teams or we could get relegated by the back door, despite playing well and having a decent squad.