Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Come the end of the season Manchester U will finish comfortably ahead of them. I'm not that bothered about the result, but have preference for Bournemouth losing as i feel we need to keep as many teams as close to us as possible.

Probably but I think Man U are shit and would love them to get dragged in to a relegation fight. 

• Like 1

Games against the top teams are pretty much write-offs IMO. We've shown that while we're capable of playing well against them and going in front, we're completely and utterly incapable of holding the lead when we do go in front. In some ways, this team is just so ridiculously mentally weak, and Smith's tactics in these games don't help either.

Really important we continue to pick up points against the lesser teams.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Games against the top teams are pretty much write-offs IMO. We've shown that while we're capable of playing well against them and going in front, we're completely and utterly incapable of holding the lead when we do go in front. In some ways, this team is just so ridiculously mentally weak, and Smith's tactics in these games don't help either.

Spot on. And next season I think - if we can stay up - we will see a big difference.

No game should be a write off, we showed that today by nearly getting a result. Strangely enough, points wise we're actually further away from the relegation zone now that we've lost the match than we were at half time whilst we were winning. And whilst it's frustrating to lose in the manner that we did as long as Chelsea can beat Watford, then it won't have been the worst day in terms of us staying out of the bottom three.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We should be picking up points v Spurs, Arsenal and yes Man. United when they come to VP. All of them are miles off the top 2 and that is reflected in the points totals. Most teams stay up on strong home records so important not just to concede 3-4 home defeats. We've been competitive against two of those teams away from home so I'm optimistic.

12 minutes ago, grobs said:

The problem is our next 6 or so fixtures are rancid too. Cant see us being out the bottom 3 come January 

Don't see why 4 points from Wolves-Newcastle is that unrealistic, Wolves could just be a tight cancel each other 0-0 or 1-1 (Wolves draw a huge amount of games 1-1 seemingly) then all on Newcastle although they seem o.k away from home, have more issues winning home games which probably isn't a surprise given their manager and style of play.

After that yes Man. United and Chelsea away and Leicester at home in 7 days is tough but let's not make it out these will be automatic defeats like the last two we've just played (and one of those obviously shouldn't have been). I think we can get two draws out of those so 6 points would be pretty good.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Next 5 games are brutal.

Wolves(a)

Newcastle (h)

Man United (a)

Chelsea (a)

Leicester (h)

We can beat Wolves, we'll win Newcastle for sure, draws are possible from the others.