Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

COMBINED VILLA AND DERBY SQUADS (based on WhoScored season rating) 

Villa Derby combined squad

Derby only has 1 player who rated 7 or above. We have 5💪🏻

According to the article, Derby average twice as many goals per game with Mount in the team. I would put Whelen on to do a man marking job on him to stop the supply. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Junxs said:

Except 3 of them are on loan and will be very difficult to sign permanently, especially when Ole has already said Axel will be part of his squad, and Chelsea can't sign players so will look to integrate Abraham.

Mings is the only one we can realistically sign from those 3.

If we win, then I think we might just be able to sign all three. If the fee is right then Chelsea will have other options on their books and Ole can go shopping in Norway. I hope we will be in a position to find out after the game. 🤞

24 minutes ago, John said:

If we win, then I think we might just be able to sign all three. If the fee is right then Chelsea will have other options on their books and Ole can go shopping in Norway. I hope we will be in a position to find out after the game. 🤞

Euphemism ? 😀

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

COMBINED VILLA AND DERBY SQUADS (based on WhoScored season rating) 

Villa Derby combined squad

Derby only has 1 player who rated 7 or above. We have 5💪🏻

According to the article, Derby average twice as many goals per game with Mount in the team. I would put Whelen on to do a man marking job on him to stop the supply. 

Found this interesting: 

Villa lost just two of the last 23 matches in which Taylor featured in the regular season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any ITK on the team news ? DS has said they have trained as its just another game - wonder if that means no kjodia in the starting 11.

I am tipping both Whelan and Albert to start

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Any ITK on the team news ? DS has said they have trained as its just another game - wonder if that means no kjodia in the starting 11.

I am tipping both Whelan and Albert to start

Given Ashley Cole was substituted at half time at VP I'd amazed if Smith didn't stick with same on the right flank so i too think we'll see Adomah start. 

I’d kind of prefer to start with Hourihane and Green for this but they are better options from the bench than Adomah and Whelan.

It kind of makes more sense to start the latter and bring Green and Hourihane on against tired legs after 65 minutes.

Its a flip of the coin though really. Particularly the right side as they’re both rubbish. 

Think it's a game where if we need to sub early, like if Whelan starts an it isn't working, then.we should. Frustrating watching these games when it's desperate for an early change and nothing happens till 70 minutes. We have nothing to lose, no one to upset in the last game of the season.