Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The Charlton keeper had just done an Enckleman in the final poor bloke! Such nervy affairs. Am also on Aribo watch.

Just watched that... what a total nightmare. Feel sorry for the bloke. 

Also watching Aribo, lively so far.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m so nervous now. 

We should have the players to beat derby, but play offs are a lottery. Just hope we can put in a performance unlike last year

I'm a jibbering wreck. I just want it over now! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Both play off games going long, yesterday had a goal in 86th min, today 1-1 with 4 mins to go.

we will be 3-0 up by 30 minutes.

Edited by hippo

If I were Derby I would stick players close to Grealish and Mcginn - and not overly worry about our wide players.

Adomah, El-ghazi, Abraham - we need good games from those.

The Tranmere and Charlton results mean the teams who finished higher in the league have gone up in their two finals. Let's hope that continues tomorrow.

Both us and Derby play the right way and play good stuff. They are not able to defend like Albion did against us so I expect it to be more of an open game. If both teams relax and play their stuff it'll be a great game. If the occasion gets to them or us then it'll be decisive. **** shitting it myself so can only imagine what it's going to be like pulling a Villa shirt on tomorrow and going down the tunnel....

On 24/05/2019 at 15:26, Visiting Ram said:

I am fairly confident that we won’t have anybody who is overly geared to nullify anyone in the villa team, maybe Johnson might kick one or two if he is near enough but thats about it - but 4 or 5 of ours will turn round and run directly at Villa twitch the ball so we will see how everybody fairs 

Each to their own mate. 

the other two finals have been tense affairs - I hope ours is a stroll in the park - with us being two goals to the good early on.

.....or will be the only final that goes to penalties ..(gulp !)

Gonna be at work tomorrow while the game is on.

Will turn off all communication. Hopefully we're already promoted by the time I get home, but by God is it going to be nervy all day. How do I even think of anything else?

• Like 1

I know it's different opposition and different personell but i was annoyed after the game last year, where let's call a spade a spade, Mitrovic was too clever , too physical and just dominated Chester and Terry . We need to take control at the back tomorrow. That's paramount. Tuanzebe is probably even a shade better at bringing the ball out than Ty, when he starts getting comfortable on it and bringing it out he really plays through the lines and gets us much further up the field as s collective. This is vital. We take control in our defence and we play the game on our terms.

4 hours ago, AndyC said:

Trying to sleep will be fun tonight 

I went 'cheap and cheerful' with my choice of hotel so tonight I'll be sleeping Infront of the door with a bat. 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m so nervous now. 

We should have the players to beat derby, but play offs are a lottery. Just hope we can put in a performance unlike last year

Not sure they are , the best teams on the day usually win.