Cup Final Three (of three) - pre-match

hippo

3 minutes ago, SmythRam said:

For those who don't read the introductions;

Afternoon all.

Congrats on making the playoff final. You have every reason to be confident here as you are massive favourites. The feel amongst us Rams is that we almost have no right to be here but we're enjoying the ride!

Word of warning though. At the moment we are nothing like the Derby you have played previously. On our day we can beat anybody, although our defence is a bit of a calamity at times (especially from set-pieces).

Our best forum if you want to pop by is dcfcfans.co.uk

May the best team win!

Welcome, and congratulations yourselves! Hoping for a good game of football between us after the madness of the semis, wouldn't mind a decent ref too!

I'd love to know how you think you'll set up/lineups etc.

Best of luck!

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ultimately this is not about Neil Taylor. If I thought it was the right thing to do to see us through I'd advocate dropping anyone, Grealish included.

Also, Taylor was back to his abysmal self in the last game, so he doesn’t fill me with confidence for this one. 

34 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Welcome, and congratulations yourselves! Hoping for a good game of football between us after the madness of the semis, wouldn't mind a decent ref too!

I'd love to know how you think you'll set up/lineups etc.

Best of luck!

Wednesday threw a spanner in the works as we tried a diamond and it bloody worked! Now when Waghorn is fit and now Marriott looks to be in form.. god knows who to go for!

Possibly;

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Johnson

Mount.              Wilson

Lawrence

Bennett.       Marriott

Which would mean dropping Holmes who is brilliant! Possibly Waghorn in for Bennett but Bennett has been outstanding recently.

So not much of a help to you there!

23 minutes ago, SmythRam said:

Wednesday threw a spanner in the works as we tried a diamond and it bloody worked! Now when Waghorn is fit and now Marriott looks to be in form.. god knows who to go for!

Possibly;

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Johnson

Lawrence

Bennett.       Marriott

Which would mean dropping Holmes who is brilliant! Possibly Waghorn in for Bennett but Bennett has been outstanding recently.

I hope you play a diamond, I can see El Ghazi absolutely running riot on Ashley Cole especially if there are no wingers to help cover.

Officials have been confirmed for the final. 

Referee: Paul Tierney

Assistants: Ian Hussin and Adrian Holmes

Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh

1 hour ago, SmythRam said:

Possibly;

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Johnson

Lawrence

Bennett.       Marriott

Hi smhthram, out of interest, why is Carson  not playing, wasn't he your player of the season last year?

1 hour ago, SmythRam said:

May the best team win!

Great result for you on Wednesday, watched it and cheered when you scored. Thought you had blew when Huddlestone came on but you kept pushing  and punished Leeds clumsy defending, we might not be clumsy but we do have a habit of overplaying at the back and on the evidence shown against Leeds Marriot could benefit. I really think this a 50/50 game and either one of us could go up and as we are both midlands teams its a plus. 

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Will var be used?

AFAIK it's still regarded as a Championship game so I'd say no. But I stand to be corrected. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hi smhthram, out of interest, why is Carson  not playing, wasn't he your player of the season last year?

Mix between out of form and injuries gave Roos a chance. Roos played well and seems much better with his feet.

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

Officials have been confirmed for the final. 

Referee: Paul Tierney

24 Premier games, dished out 82 yellows and a red.

2 championship games, 7 yellow cards.

Likes waving his arm about it seems.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Last time he refereed one of our games was a 2-1 loss to Forest in 2017 and he sent off Jack 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

And he hasn't refereed us this season or last season.  He reffed us twice in 16/17.  A 0-0 away at Derby, funnily enough, and a 2-1 defeat at Forest.

The Derby match had 3 yellows (Cissokho, Bacuna, McCormack).  Jesus even typing those names gave me the shivers.

The Forest game had a yellow for Hogan and a double yellow for one Jack Grealish...

24 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I have no idea if he is any good.

Sent Grealish off against Forest SAT 04 FEB 2017 for 2 yellows, first was for kicking the ball away.......

2 hours ago, SmythRam said:

Afternoon all.

Congrats on making the playoff final. You have every reason to be confident here as you are massive favourites. The feel amongst us Rams is that we almost have no right to be here but we're enjoying the ride!

Word of warning though. At the moment we are nothing like the Derby you have played previously. On our day we can beat anybody, although our defence is a bit of a calamity at times (especially from set-pieces).

May the best team win!

I'm not going to wish you luck, because I hope we thrash you and you have a miserable day out :P

Having said that, after the way Leeds conducted themselves this season (and the previous 100 odd), I'm delighted we're playing you instead of that shower of scumbags.

Imagine if we did have VAR last year. Fulham would ahvw had ten men after 15 mins meaning we would have likely won. 

Still had Bruce and xia here... 

I don't know wabout everyone else but may have been a blessing missing out last year if we do ut this one. 

11 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Also same size as the Derby County pitch....I.e standard size required to be able to hold international matches.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the standard pitch size is the size it is because when the football authorities way back in the past were looking to decide what the right size for a football pitch should be they looked to the most important football club in the world at that time and asked how big is their pitch? 

Villa Park at the time was the same size it is now.

I believe the original Wembley pitch was made to match Villa Park in size.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SmythRam said:

Afternoon all.

May the best team win!

Welcome to the forum.

Both teams try and play good attacking football so this is going to be a great game. Parts of me thinks this going to be a classic, like a mad 7 goal thriller. But then i think the reason we finished 5th and 6th respectively is inconsistency, I've watched both teams blow opposition away and conversely seen both of us look pretty average so it guess it just depends on who turns up.

Leeds had best you 3 times this season before the other night so does that alter your thinking regarding the fact we have beaten comfortably this year?