Micah Micah Micah Micah

Micah
Micah              Micah

Micah             Micah

Micah

What no place for Micah? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well if they do play their strongest team our fringe players who do get the nod will need to put in a shift to get a result. I don't care too much about the result, but worry a defeat might throw us off a bit. So a draw will do just fine. 

The way I see it, if it's a Villa team of basically fringe players, then the actual first team's momentum wouldn't be affected by a loss, because they'd be watching on from the sideline.  For me, momentum is specific to a set of players rather than to whoever happens to be first team on a given day.  In other words, for argument's sake* if you rest 11 players and the other 11 suffer defeat, you've not affected momentum.  JMHO.

* I know we can't literally rest 11 players

• Like 2

This would probably be my lineup, Hause 100% for game time as it would be good for him to push Taylor at LB for the playoffs.    

Chester/Elphick for some fitness/minutes, same for Thor, Davis & Lansbury.               

Steer

Hutton - Chester - Elphick - Hause

Jedinak

Bjarnason - Lansbury

Ramsey         Davis             Kodjia

Subs: Kalinic / Mings / Taylor / Elmo / Adomah / Green / Hourihane

Prioritize minutes to non starters  who are likely to play a part in the playoffs, either as a tactical sub or injury replacement.  They should be playing mostly along side players they're likely to be playing with if they feature in the playoffs rather than other squad players that are unlikely to feature.   So I wouldn't play Thor, Lansbury and Jedinak in midfield together because at most one of them will be on the field  when it counts.  Similarly, I wouldn't play Chester, as he's got to be 5th or 6th choice CB at this point behind Mings, Axel, Elphick, Hause and possibly even Jedinak.   He hasn't played in 3+ months and his form before that wasn't good enough to put him ahead of them.  Let Elphick and Axel play together.  Axel was out for a while, so he probably needs minutes more than rest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matteyp said:

So does Hutton start or come in off the bench?  Would like him to see some action.

I'd start Hutton next to Axel, with Hause at the other CB.  Bring on Elphick for Taylor in the 2nd half and move Hause to LB.   Hause could end up playing either of those positions if someone gets hurt, so it would be good to get him a half at each position.

Edited by il_serpente

On 29/04/2019 at 16:15, Daweii said:

There are rules against playing a team deemed too weak. You can only rest so many players that were in the previous weeks match squad. The rule is as follows;

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

So using that decide who you want to see dropped, but just know that some players you want to see dropped/benched will be in the starting XI. McGinn will be dropped because if he gets another yellow he's toast for the whole play-offs, but Smith has decisions to make. He has to rest some players, but he can't make the side too weak or we face punishment. 

can you play them and bring them off after 10 mins?

41 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think he deserves a game tomorrow as a farewell after his faultless, amazing, full of heart time with the club. 

He started well at Bournemouth, don’t forget :)

Well I was completely wrong with my team selection last week at Elland Rd was shocked to see both sides putting out such strong teams, but I really hope Smith rests a few today, notably McGInn, Jack & Mings, which I am fairly confident he will! (Famous last words!)

I would go with the following;

Steer/Kalinic

Hutton     Elphick    Jedinak     Taylor

Bjarnsson 

Hourihane    Lansbury

Adomah           Davis           El Ghazi

Subs; GK, Elmo, Chester, Tuanzebe, Whelan, Green, Kodjia.

Would take a point now to keep the unbeaten run going, a positive display with fringe players staking claims, some game time for Chester from the bench and no further injuries. Not much to ask?! 

Oh.. and then 3 f***ing victories on the spin! 🤫👌 

I'm pretty certain that both teams will try and play for the draw since Norwich just need a point to secure the Championship and we won't want to lose our unbeaten run.