Cup final eight of eight pre match

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Are all the games on the red button Sunday ? Sky have two live but don't know what they are .

I think they are showing the boro and Derby games the race for 6th.

They obviously don't care who wins the title. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they are showing the boro and Derby games the race for 6th.

They obviously don't care who wins the title. 

That's fair enough. Neither do I. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, 7392craig said:

In regards to having to play X amount of players from the last game due to the rules about playing a weakened team. Can we still put players like Jack, McGinn etc on the bench and not play them without breaking the rules? They’re still in the match day squad after all.

Yes we can do that.  Once they're in the squad then that counts.

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yes we can do that.  Once they're in the squad then that counts.

Then it just comes down to who we’re looking to rest. I wouldn’t change too much, Jack, McGinn and maybe Mings.

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I was at that game. Bloody Mark Robins. 

Ugo gifted him 2 of the goals. RIP.

Edit: Just looked it up and Mark Robins didn't score. I would have put money on it that he did.

Yes so was I, they were top and we were in fourth place back then. Very similar to now, other than we were both in the top flight then. Just watched the highlights on YouTube. How did a side that had the late Ugo, Dalian and Cyrille in claret & blue shirts lose that one? It was a good year for both clubs though.  

• Like 1

-------------------Steer

Elmo, Jedinak, Hause, Taylor

--------------Bjarnasson

--------Hourihane, Lansbury

El Ghazi--------------------------Adomah

---------------------Davis

That'll do for me. Rest the key players, but don't rest enough that we'll get battered. Even if it's a loss, I fear the damage a complete halt to our momentum could do.

Kalinic

Hutton  Chester  Mings  Hause

Bjarnason

Lansbury      Hourihane

Green                                   Kodjia

Davis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

So would we get in trouble if we essentially play all our subs/reserves for this one? 

Is there a certain amount of regular first teamers we need to be fielding? 

On 29/04/2019 at 16:15, Daweii said:

There are rules against playing a team deemed too weak. You can only rest so many players that were in the previous weeks match squad. The rule is as follows;

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

So using that decide who you want to see dropped, but just know that some players you want to see dropped/benched will be in the starting XI. McGinn will be dropped because if he gets another yellow he's toast for the whole play-offs, but Smith has decisions to make. He has to rest some players, but he can't make the side too weak or we face punishment. 

So taking Steer and Sarkic out of it, it has to be 10 from the 16 against Leeds

Elmo, Tuanzebe, Mings, Taylor, Hutton, Jedinak, Whelan, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Adomah, Green, El Ghazi, Kodjia.

Take 6 out of that so presumably Grealish, McGinn, Kodjia from the starting line up. I'd be tempted to give El Ghazi and Mings a rest myself. that's 5 changes already. So from the starters Elmo/Axel/Taylor/Hourihane/Whelan maybe for the 6th spot. The others can drop to the bench. Lots of possibilities. Much depends on the fitness of the likes of Elphick/Chester/Hause I suspect.

Be amazed if Davis doesn't start up front for this one. Tammy has nothing to prove but his fitness. If Kodjia is carrying a knock too why risk them?

Edited by VILLAMARV

Depending on everyone's fitness of course, maybe something like this

-----------------GK---------------------
Hutton Axel Elphick Hause
                Jedinak
   Lansbury     Bjarnasson
Adomah                       Green
                  Davis

Subs: GK - Chester - Taylor - Elmo - Ramsey - Clarke - Cox - Kodjia

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

So Leeds have a youngster named Jack Clarke and so do we? Let's hope our Jack can be better than theirs because people haven't shut up about him!

If ours is better than theirs then we've a serious player on our hands.

• Like 1

I'd probably play Tammy if he's fit, or at least have him on the bench. Rest Jack, McGinn and possibly Mings and El Ghazi. Would quite like to see Chester play if he's available and also Kalinic seeing as we paid £7mil for him. Hause should be back as well so maybe give Taylor a rest and see how Hause does at left back.

Would have a strong bench just in case - ideally we'd at least draw this game so as not to halt any momentum we have. Just give McGinn the whole match off. 

Difficult to say how Norwich will play as they're already promoted, but they'll want to finish 1st and need a point to do so. So I imagine they'll play a reasonably strong team and give a rest to a few as well.

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

So Leeds have a youngster named Jack Clarke and so do we? Let's hope our Jack can be better than theirs because people haven't shut up about him!

Instead of wasting our resources we could just play their Jack Clarke instead; give him some sweets to keep him happy! 

56 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd probably play Tammy if he's fit, or at least have him on the bench. Rest Jack, McGinn and possibly Mings and El Ghazi. Would quite like to see Chester play if he's available and also Kalinic seeing as we paid £7mil for him. Hause should be back as well so maybe give Taylor a rest and see how Hause does at left back.

Would have a strong bench just in case - ideally we'd at least draw this game so as not to halt any momentum we have. Just give McGinn the whole match off. 

Difficult to say how Norwich will play as they're already promoted, but they'll want to finish 1st and need a point to do so. So I imagine they'll play a reasonably strong team and give a rest to a few as well.

why would they care about resting anyone? I imagine they will put out their best team and try to destroy us

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I imagine they'll play a reasonably strong team and give a rest to a few as well.

They'll rest no-one.  It's the last game of their season.  Feet up after Sunday.  They'll do everything to go up as Champions and I wouldn't put our prized assets in their way.

It's weird.  I couldn't care less about the result this weekend.  Just don't get injured or suspended kthxbye.

• Like 1