Cup final eight of eight pre match

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Unbeaten in 12 vs. Unbeaten in 13

they are going for the title so would expect full strength whereas we really need to wrap our influential players in cotton wool and give much needed rests ahead of the playoffs.

Would take a draw to remain unbeaten all day long but think they will have too much for a potential second string. Ah well, we've done amazing to get into the playoffs; have to be happy. I said at start of season id take 6th right now, so my expectations have already been surpassed. Give Davis, Elphick, Hause, Lansbury, Chester some minutes to get them up to speed incase needed in a few weeks.

Yeah considering we were on the verge of going into administration pre-season things have turned out surprisingly well haven't they?

• Like 1

10 of our previous matchday 18 need to be in our next squad as per EFL rules.

So that's 10 from
Steer, Sarkic, Taylor, Mings, Tuanzebe, Elmohamady, Hutton, El Ghazi, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Green, Adomah, Jedinak, Whelan, Bjarnason, Lansbury, Kodjia

On the basis of who is irreplaceable from a quality or squad depth point of view, I would rest the following
Taylor, Mings, Tuanzebe, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Whelan & Kodjia.  I would put Hourihane and Kodjia on the bench though.

With that in mind, my team to face Norwich would be

b6bb852ceb9af6858be558cf793d6725.png

With a bench of
Sarkic, Revan, Bridge, Hourihane, Ramsey, Knibbs & Kodjia

So the 10 from the previous squad would be
Steer, Jedinak, Elmohamady, Hutton, Green, Adomah, Bjarnason, Lansbury, Hourihane & Kodjia.

* Edited because we don't own Bedeau any more!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

So that's 10 from
Steer, Sarkic, Taylor, Mings, Tuanzebe, Elmohamady, Hutton, El Ghazi, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Green, Adomah, Jedinak, Whelan, Bjarnason, Lansbury, Kodjia

On the basis of who is irreplaceable from a quality or squad depth point of view, I would rest the following
Taylor, Mings, Tuanzebe, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, El Ghazi*, Whelan & Kodjia.  I would put Hourihane and Kodjia on the bench though.

With a bench of
Sarkic, Revan, Bedeau, Hourihane, Ramsey, Knibbs & Kodjia

Steer, Jedinak, Elmohamady, Hutton, Green, Adomah, Bjarnason, Lansbury, Hourihane & Kodjia.

* Either way, available or not,  I wouldn't use hm.

Didn't we sell Bedeau in January?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think that you would say/type this sentence??

Ha well no, I suppose not.

I did want to add that Elphick could step in too, would be more than happy with that.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

So that's 10 from

Its not clear to me if it's 10 players or 10 outfield players. That makes a difference to us. 

If it's outfield players it's clearly to stop teams playing goalkeepers out of position just to see out the season

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Its not clear to me if it's 10 players or 10 outfield players. That makes a difference to us. 

If it's outfield players it's clearly to stop teams playing goalkeepers out of position just to see out the season

It is actually 10 outfield now that you say it.  But either way, we can just put someone extra from the previous squad on the bench.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I know I wanted everyone rested for the previous game, but I REALLY want everyone rested for this one.  We need to be at full strength for the Baggies.  

Or Leeds..still possible.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

So that's 10 from

Taylor, Mings, Tuanzebe, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Whelan & Kodjia.  I would put Hourihane and Kodjia on the bench though.

With a bench of

I’d say Hause needs some time if he’s fit enough...

6 hours ago, BOF said:

So that's 10 from

With a bench of

So we can rest 6 of those 16  outfield players completely.

The 6 Id leave out the squad completely would be Jack, McGinn, Mings, Whelan, El Ghazi and Hourihane, ( and Steer because he’s extra)...although of course the staff will have access to fitness data we aren’t privy to.

6 of those 7 will be in our Play Off 11.

The other 10 have to be in the squad, but don’t have to start, so my Subs would be Taylor, Elmo, Green, Albert, Axel, Kodja And a GK.

So       Sarkic

Hutton   Jedi  Elphick  Hause

Lansbury  Birkir   Xxxxxx

xxx  Davies   Tammy ( If needs a run out, half a game )

(Two prospects.)

I don’t suppose he will go that far, but that’s about as careful as I can get it.

Really though I think the important thing is that the  6 plus Steer don’t play.

Ive a feeling McGinn will be the only one he actually fully rests.