Cup final eight of eight pre match

Demitri_C

Well bit of a pointless game fir us but fir Norwich they need only a point to confirm title. After today’s battle rest mings, grealish, mcginn and Kodjia.

give some game time to Chester/hause, Lansbury, Davis/Tammy 

Anyways:

-----------------------------Steer-----------------------------

Hutton--------Chester-----Mings---------Taylor

--------------------------Whelan---------------------------

---------------Lansbury------Bjarnason-------------

Green-----------------------------------------Adomah

----------------------------Davis--------------------------

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anyways:

Looks reasonable. 

There are no pointless fixtures.

Can't help but just enjoy the moment with what's happening at Villa now though.

Be interesting to see how those selected go against the highest points earner of the competition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

There are no pointless fixtures.

Can't help but just enjoy the moment with what's happening at Villa now though.

Be interesting to see how those selected go against the highest points earner of the competition.

If we beat the potential champions that would scare the hell out of the teams we have to play in play offs. Now West brom have 4th they will rest their players 

A part of me wants to carry on the momentum.

But there's no way McGinn should play. And after how rough the last game was I don't think Grealish should play either.

• Like 2

------------------------Steer-------------------------
Hutton-------Jedi------Chester-----Taylor
--------------------Bjarnasson-------------------
----------Lansbury----Hourihane------------
Adomah-----------------------------------Green
-----------------------Davis---------------------------

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anyways:

I would go similar, except Elphick for Chester, Tuanzebe/Jedinak for Mings and Hause for Taylor. Kallinic in goal if fit. I'd also have a couple of u23 on the bench (e.g Ramsey). 

Edited by Made In Aston

I'd rest Elmo, Mings, Tuanzebe, Grealish, McGinn (he's out anyway), El Ghazi (if his ban is overturned) and possibly Hourihane/Steer (if Steer is still suffering from a knock). Give Hutton, Elphick, Chester (if fit), Jedi, Lansbury, Bjarnason a start along with Sarkic and Davis if required. It's a dead rubber anyway so we could stick some U23 players on the bench and give them a few mins at the end.

There are rules against playing a team deemed too weak. You can only rest so many players that were in the previous weeks match squad. The rule is as follows;

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

So using that decide who you want to see dropped, but just know that some players you want to see dropped/benched will be in the starting XI. McGinn will be dropped because if he gets another yellow he's toast for the whole play-offs, but Smith has decisions to make. He has to rest some players, but he can't make the side too weak or we face punishment. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

There are rules against playing a team deemed too weak. You can only rest so many players that were in the previous weeks match squad. The rule is as follows;

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

So using that decide who you want to see dropped, but just know that some players you want to see dropped/benched will be in the starting XI. McGinn will be dropped because if he gets another yellow he's toast for the whole play-offs, but Smith has decisions to make. He has to rest some players, but he can't make the side too weak or we face punishment. 

With 7 subs allowed and Kodija out injured we can still mix it up a fair bit. Expect quite a few from Sunday’s team starting on the bench. 

• Like 1

I really don't see a need to rest that many players. Don't risk Grealish or McGinn, but other than that, why change it? 

Tammy needs minutes so if fit, start him. We want to keep our match sharpness into playoffs. 

Unbeaten in 12 vs. Unbeaten in 13

they are going for the title so would expect full strength whereas we really need to wrap our influential players in cotton wool and give much needed rests ahead of the playoffs.

Would take a draw to remain unbeaten all day long but think they will have too much for a potential second string. Ah well, we've done amazing to get into the playoffs; have to be happy. I said at start of season id take 6th right now, so my expectations have already been surpassed. Give Davis, Elphick, Hause, Lansbury, Chester some minutes to get them up to speed incase needed in a few weeks.

• Like 1