Cup final two of eight : pre chat the return of fistface

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Makes me laugh how confident that the Wednesday fans are now they have a 'proper manager' in Bruce.

Draws are no good apparently,  need to set up to win home or away...yep, very Bruce!

Also finding this very strange, looking on their forum they are all 100% sure they will beat us tomorrow.

No one evens mentions the form we are currently in.

Either they are have seen something very special over the last few weeks or they are in for a massive shock come 3pm tomorrow. Lets hope it's the latter.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

No he isn't necessarily .

Just because he costed us alot of money doesn't automatically make him better than Steer. We should play our best keeper and after watching Kalinic games coupled with highlights from the recent Croatian games, i'm not sure if Kalinic is actually better than Steer.

There's a reason that no manager has ever seen Steer as a number 1.

Kalinic is the number 1. He'll play long term unless there's been some sort of break down behind the scenes.

If you honestly think Steer is the better keeper and will be in goal for any length of time, I think you're mistaken.

I think Kalinic is the better keeper, but I think this back four have more confidence with Steer behind them - he's a good organiser and he's calm and clear - obviously there's more to goalkeeping than that, otherwise we'd just put Terry in there, but I don't think there's enough reason to change it at the moment.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Also finding this very strange, looking on their forum they are all 100% sure they will beat us tomorrow.

No one evens mentions the form we are currently in.

Either they are have seen something very special over the last few weeks or they are in for a massive shock come 3pm tomorrow. Lets hope it's the latter.

Let them be over confident, takes some of the pressure off us.

On 01/04/2019 at 15:10, LondonVillian said:

Mr potato head will be out for blood after his unfair dismisal 

just hope he don't sprout a win.

• Like 1

I don't care it's Bruce we're against. We just need to win, everyone.

I'm not too confident now though. We've won too many in a row, and I didn't think we were too convincing last Saturday. So, I'm afraid it's time for a draw.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Re- the keeper situation.  It's nice to have a manager who you trust will deal with the situation sensibly and properly, whichever decision he ends up taking. Smith has shown with his selection changes that he doesn't drop players who don't deserve it; as evidenced by McGinn not getting straight back into the line-up upon becoming available again - only to come in the following game and absolutely tear it up.  Good management in game 1 which further benefitted us in game 2.  Under Bruce it didn't matter what a youngster did on any given day.  If he wasn't part of the first 11 he was ousted as soon as possible.

This goes back as far as O'Neill. You could even predict the subs and minutes of subs then!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vincenzo said:

Will be 2-0 to Wednesday but we’ll come back and win 3-2....ahhhh happy days 😁

Just like we did when we went there with BFR who was returning there after walking out on them to come to his beloved Villa. What a game that was. To think two of our goalscorers that day are no longer with us, Big Cyrille and Dalian. We'll never forget them though and will always be thankful for the joy they gave us that beautiful sunny day,

I hope we perform, bit I'm also a little concerned about this one and think it will be a tough match.

In the last couple of months they have taken points off a few good teams, including derby and sheff utd.

Fingers crossed.

Surprised Sky never demanded this be played on telly. Has the feel of a Derby about it. 

Didn't wish the man any harm when he was punted but the media have done their job and hooked me in. 

My arse is twitching like a rabbits nose! Please don't lose!!! 

• Like 1

There's no way bruce will want to lose this one so I expect he will be ultra cautious from the offset.

Obviously I think the way we have been playing lately no one can cope with us but cos of the brucio factor it wouldn't suprise me if it was a draw.

But we have more than enough quality to win this the blues match had more emotion on it so I think we should have too much for them despite their new manager bounce.

Really need a win here.  The others around us have very winnable games.  A loss or draw not only likely drops us out of the playoff positions but will also shatter the aura of invincibility that's been building,  meaning rivals that might have been starting to fear playing us will regain confidence that they can beat us to sixth spot.

• Like 2